21 February 2013

Spring has Sprung with Winter's backing

Hi everyone, we have had a fabulous day here, blue skies, bright sun, daffodils shaking their heads in the wind, but temperatures right down to 2C so in the wind VERY COLD.

Here are some of my daffodils, as you know by the name of my blog, I'm a daffodil lover and March 1st is St Davids Day a National day here in Wales and the daffodil is our national flower, I was hoping they would hold out to flower until then, never mind, how can you not love them at any time?

As children we would dress up in national costume on St Davids Day and have a school concert then have a half day off school, invariably it would end up most of us being taken into town to show off our costumes, looking back it was a wonderful day, as we girls would be centre of attention.


 Enough of my gardening, it's cards you've come here for, so here we go.

This card was for a friend who has 2 Yorkshire Terriers, she is what I could call obsessed with them, I know she would agree LOL.  Anyhow as I had used digis before on her cards I thought this little piccy would be different for her this year. I have used a cluster from ABD Designs at Digital Design Studio.  I printed it all onto the card then printed the charm, butterfly and the larger flowers again onto photo paper, which added a shine, to 3D layer them. I added Glamour Dust and voila. I  love the lace and with the added shadows I think it looks almost real.

I am going to enter these challenges

http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/anything-goes-challenge.html  Anything Goes  (That's OK)

http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/challenge-121-charmed-im-sure-  add-charm.html  Add a charm (I have got one there, yes it's a digi)

http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/  Shades of Blue (Yep blue is in there)

http://jensdigis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/ribbons-and-lace-challenge.html  Ribbons and Lace  (Yep I have lace, even though it's digi)

13 comments:

Aileen said...

It'll be a while before we see daffies up here. Lovely card for your friend. She'll love it. x

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful bouquet with that butterfly perched atop!

Sally H said...

Beautiful, and I am sure she will love it! Love the digi lace and charm. and the butterfly is gorgeous!

CraftyGirl said...

So pretty and the puppy is so cute. Thank you for playing along this week at Jen's Digi Stamps. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Jen's Digi Stamp DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Julia Aston said...

What lovely daffs! And how lovely that you are seeing them already!! We only see them at the flower stands this time of year - and I believe they are flown here from Ireland! What a great picture/digital card - love how you cut out and layered the charm and butterfly!

Squirrel x said...

Beautifully cute and pretty card hun - but where is the photo of you as a daffodil? Hugs Sxx

kelly ledder said...

This is fabulous! The lace does look real, I love that effect very clever.

Being Welsh too I love my daff's need to get a bunch as ours haven't popped up yet x

Zippy said...

Found your blog via Squirrel, and so glad she pointed me in your direction! Lovely cards and this is adorable! I just love that little doggy!
Love Zippy xxx

Loli said...

Hola Faith, i´m glad to see you every week:D i hope you´re in health.
simply gorgeous, you are the QUEEN OF DIGITAL TECHNIQUE CARDS!!!I think you´re an expert.
I like you cat card sooo funny and your tissue card sooo clever, what great idea, well done Faith!!!
Your daffodils are just gorgeous, have a nice week and a warm hug from Palma

Anonymous said...

Aww, I bet your friend loved this Faith! How could anyone not love that little face! Brilliant card!
xx

RoseC said...

Faith, your beautifully framed doggie photo looks fabulous on this sweetly embellished and scallop-edged card. The addition of your pretty cameo charm adds an especially nice touch. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "Charmed, I'm Sure (add a charm)" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Mina said...

so cute and beautifully designed card Faith...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me Challenge
Mina xxx

Cards By Leona said...

So sweet! Thanks for entering at Creative Moments. Leona DT x x