07 October 2026

Geometric TMR #215

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for

I had two hours before being picked up to go out with old colleagues and decided to fill the time with some card making. I looked to see what the theme was for The Male Room and was stumped, then thought of an old embossing folder, that was just right. I also went onto the web and searched for geometric shapes, - there's lots that I wouldn't have thought of as being geometric. You learn something every day.
 
I cut a square and embossed it, then added DO's with a spray of water, in colours that I saw a blend of on the web for autumn, to my glass mat and placed the card onto it. I hadn't wet it enough, so more water and another placement on to it. Not the effect I was looking for, but went with it. I also splattered some gold paint onto it.
 
Again on the web, I have seen lots of large white Happy onto coloured card, so went to my Silhouette and cut it out of white card. I cut three layers, all glued together, then splattered with the same gold paint, and placed central onto the embossed card, which I had already attached to the base card. Next I stamped the sentiment in the same purple ink as the card, and then clear embossed it. I cut it to shape and placed it under the Happy. 
 
I was quite pleased with the overall effect after coming home. It's strange how something can be and mmm card, then a few hours later can be satisfying. I also have to point out that the coloured square is straight and square, but for some reason the camera wanted it wonky, maybe because of the embossing.
 
 embossing folder - Die'sire Argyle (old)
inks - Distress Inks, rusty hinge,villainous portion,scorched timber 
Happy - font  2Peas High Tide
sentiment stamp - SCP #240 
gold paint Kuretake 
 

I've added a closeup of the gold effect with the splatters. 
The colours are nearer to the original card too. 

 What will your Geometric shape be? Hope to see you at The Male Room Challenge

No comments: