01 December 2021

Penguin 2CCC

      Hi Everyone, I have 3 DT cards today, this is for -

our new named blog
 

although the rules are slightly different, we still have the same challenge

Anything Goes but they MUST feature a critter as the main focus

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...

I have tried to do mostly one layer cards for Christmas this year, last year I was charged to much for the post! My cheapskate part of me took over! 

My card is using the cutest penguin, I added the lights to him digitally and deleted part, so it looks like they are behind his head and I had him stand on an ice cube. I added a background that has pale snowflakes in the image then added the sentiment. I printed it, then added clear glaze to the lights, his eyes and beak and some snowflake dies from mirror card. I didn't want to add another layer under it, so I went around the edge with a glue pen and added silver glitter. A nice light-ish card for posting.
penguin - Creative Fabrica
lights - LouCee Creations
background - SnickerDoodles
ice - Amanda Creations
snowflake dies - unknown
glue pen - Quickie Glue pen
glitter & clear Glaze - Nuvo
Mirror card - The Range


Hopefully you can see the shine on the lights and the face here.

Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday



18 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the gorgeous penguin and great fun sentiment-tell me about postage charges I posted a birthday card only local with first class stamp took three days and ended up been late!!!
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Aww so sweet Faith, love the little happy penguin, gorgeous colours and design, Kate x

Carol L said...

That's a great one layer card, and the sparkle of the silvery snowflakes is just as pretty as the shimmer on those lights! Super cute card!

Beebeebabs said...

Soooo cute - love the image and sentiment thanks for sharing!!!

Rosemary said...

Super sweet Christmas card. That little penguin is adorable!

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, such a fun image and sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linby said...

So bright and cheerful and another fab sentiment from you too.

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Faith, great editing work on the image! I have no idea how to do any of those things. Wonderful card.

Doris Klein said...

OMG.. this is so super cute! I really love it!

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

ha ha Faith really love this one such a cute image. Love Alison xx

Monica C. said...

Oh he is so cute, Faith! Great digi editing there in creating the little scene. I love the ice cube for him to stand on.
Hugs Monica

Aimeslee Winans said...

Perfect for a Christmas card! Love the image, also your snowflakes and glitter around the paper's edge. xoxo

Mac Mable said...

Caught up with all your fun and fabulous DT, design creations and thank you for all the amazing inspiration Faith x. Such a fun sentiment on your adorable penguin card x.

Vicky Hayes said...

I do love a one layer card Faith and with clever touches like your sparkly frame, the clear glaze and the die cut snowflakes, there's plenty of dimension here! A fabulous card! Vicky x

Ellibelle said...

How cute this is, Faith! And what a perfect sentiment to go with the sweet image!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where the theme is "baby, it's cold outside" or "anything crafty goes".
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Hetty said...

Penguins are always cute and your card is great. Such a fun sentiment.

Sarn said...

Adorable card. Perfect sentiment too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Greta said...

Oh so cute, Faith! I love the added glaze & glitter!