01 September 2021

Oyez!

 Hi Everyone, I have 3 DT cards today, this is for the challenge at QKR. Our challenge is on the 1st and 15th of every month, so you have 2 chances every month to enter the challenge.

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

I did this card for our son, who's birthday was in the middle of August, he doesn't like me reminding him of his age, I've told you before - BUT I HAVE To. I think it's funny. Bless him don't you feel sorry for him? 😄

I saw this image and to remind him he's getting on, I thought medieval would work! Well he loved the Game of Thrones, so thought it around the same period?  

I looked for a castle image in my files, such strange images I have and this popped up in the middle of lots of castle examples. Perfect I thought! We have lots of castles in Wales, however I couldn't find my photos of them without a lot of searching! I should have named them!  

I printed the background and the digi with the sentiment included, I used the medieval term of Oyez! I then painted it in DI's, which didn't go too well onto the card I used sadly, I think I got away with it though. Next I layered the whole image onto black card. Then some glaze, I love adding glaze to these images, the eyes are so expressive.

inks - Distress inks
glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze
castle -  Digital Scrapbooking at Pixelscrapper.
lots of other mixed dp for the road and grass

 

23 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Faith, he is same age as my eldest son also august, 25th to be precise, anyone would think he was about to retire, haha. I love your card, its fun to laugh about these things.xxx

Sue said...

I did chuckle at your card Faith lol it's absolutely fabulous!!!! hugs Sue x

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Faith. Wonderful scene for this fun image. The castle is perfect and I love the sky too. xx

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous card Faith, love the image and the design. I hope you son had a good birthday regardless of what he thinks about it, Kate x

cotnob said...

A super card for your son Faith, a fun image and you have created a great scene for him.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine said...

How could he not like that card!
So made me smile

Carol L said...

Oh gosh, this is a funny birthday card for your son! LOL He's only a baby at the tender young age of 45 so he has nothing to worry about! I learned to embrace my age - I earned every wrinkle on my body! LOL

Inkyfingers said...

Haha - what a great card, Faith! I love that fun image and I think the inks worked out really well. My daughter hits 40 next year and won't discuss it lol!
Take care.
Hugs
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

A fun card for your son and had a little chuckle that you like to remind him of his age Faith x.

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I love this card Faith!!!! And I love that you got to remind your son of his age. lol I loved Game of Thrones as well, well Bret got Dwayne and I into it. So this card is just perfect for your son, love that castle in the background, but it is the guy that cracks me up with his sign. Perfect!!! Love your sense of humor Faith, it is the best! Hugs, Brenda

Monica C. said...

Oh this card is brilliant! Your medieval guy is perfect to remind someone of their age. Love it!
Hugs Monica

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Faith! Hope you are all okay. I'd say you created the total package there, wincing shall commence! haha Love it! xoxo

Maria said...

What a fab birthday card, so fun!! A great card for your son and I’m sure he’ll love it!!

wannabcre8tive said...

A wonderful card. Love the QKR image, I don’t remember seeing that one in their store. Great coloring with DI’s. Great sky, too.

Beebeebabs said...

Love your card and fun image thanks for sharing!

Rosemary said...

Funny birthday card for your son, Faith!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous image and sentiment love the castle and pinky sky.Your son will love it lol!
Carol x

Linby said...

Brilliant sentiment and scene.

Helen F. said...

This card for your son is so FUN.
45! Old! I must be prehistoric, then! LOL

Sally H said...

Absolutely Brilliant! What fabulous images you used and your colouring looks great!

Marlena M. said...

OH what a fun character! His expression is the BEST! HA! I bet he loved this fun creation~

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, it's a mum's prerogative to mention her son's age Faith! I'm sure he was delighted with this really and I love the way you coloured the castle! Vicky x

Greta said...

Oh how cute!