08 May 2021

Birthday

 Hi Everyone, this card was made because I saw a sketch that I liked and chose this lovely image from my files to make it.  It's been in there for a long time and I don't think I have used it. I was going to add a few things, but after colouring the image 4 times, I gave up and was just glad to get it done, but decided maybe it just wasn't good enough. A day or two after, I thought, she's OK and I can still enter the challenge, it's the taking part isn't it? then I took photos and forgot to add the little extras I was going to. In the end I decided to go as it is!

Here she is, such a lovely image. I did a print and cut on the Cameo, then coloured her with DI's. Before I give it to someone I may add a die cut or 2? We'll see.

image - Happy Birthday, All Dressed Up 
inks Distress inks
papers - Gone Digital Design
balloon 3D'd

the sketch I turned to have a portrait view




21 comments:

Linby said...

I love the ADU images. You've used her beautifully and with such lovely colours too.

Janette said...

Such a pretty image, a sweet card Faith.xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Faith, a sweet image and lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Doreen said...

Love the image,a gorgeous card.xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

A super cute card, Faith. Love the image and the colors. You always come up with the best designs.

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute card and image Faith colouring looks fine to me and love the pretty papers
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

A real cute image Faith and I love your layout and colours, such pretty papers too, Kate x

Vicky Hayes said...

I don't think it needs anything else Faith! I love your combination of papers and that sweet girl with her birthday balloon. Vicky x

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card - love the image thanks for sharing!!!

Shirley Young said...

A lovely design Faith, The image is so sweet xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a joyful mix of colours, Faith and your image is so sweet. A perfect take on the sketch I would say!.
Hugs
Carol x

Rosemary said...

Super cute card, Faith! Love the fun, bright papers you used!

Desire Fourie said...

this is such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours. All the elements work so well together. Keep safe and healthy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Aimeslee Winans said...

Good Lord, talk about picky! lol She looks fab! Of course, I don't know why you weren't happy. If you weren't staying in the lines, that does upset me too. And at our age, it happens without mercy or warning, the old hand shake, ugh! I do admire you coloring her skin with inks, that's really why I use the alcohol markers. Have a good week! XOX

Marlena M. said...

Oh she's so sweet Faith! No need to change anything; it's perfect.

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable and the cutest of images Faith x.

Leslie said...

I have this image and you've done a great job coloring her! Great design!

Greta said...

Oh how sweet!

Maria said...

Darling as can be! Adorable image and lovely papers!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... thanks for joining our sketch challenge, your card is lovely. Good luck in the draw.
Diane Louise [Team Leader at Crafty Friends] xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful