27 April 2020

Found envelopes!

Hi Everyone I was looking for some paper and came across some envelopes, not just plain ones, but with such a pretty pink and a pearl effect, 12 of them that I had had with some card. I'd used the card and left the envelopes. What a find. My Sil is unable to go out normally without it being lockdown too, so I thought I would use the envelopes and make cards to match. Cheer her up a little too.

I was lucky I went into my ribbon draw and found ribbon that matched, although it doesn't look like it in the photo. I went into my Silhouette files and found this pretty print and cut floral arrangement, so I printed and cut 6, then to layer them all I added pearl navy paper that I dry embossed. and gave them to SiL by leaving them on her doorstep and ringing her bell. She only lives down the road, so not going out technically! I'm glad to say she liked them and had a big smile on her face. Cheered up as I wanted.
envelope, pearl paper, gems - stash
floral arrangement -  Silhouette Design Store
ribbon - Anita's
embossing folder - WRMK polka dot
sentiment stamp and label die - Magazine freebies
 Layered Peonies  Simply cards and Papercraft issue 203


GARDEN piccies AGAIN!
I have such joy seeing things come into flower
I hope you enjoy them

Aquilegia or Columbine or Grannies Bonnets

more Aquilegia

 Saxifraga and carpet Phlox

Solomon's Seal, Saxifraga and a large foxglove on it's way to blossoming

A beautiful Azalea making it's mark in the garden

We had a huge clump of these tulips, but hubby with his "don't know what this is must be weed syndrome" left this beautiful tulip in a different place. I wonder how long before it gets to the size of clump it used to be.

Our Choisya is covered with blossom and giving out its lovely perfume.

The Rhododendron hasn't lasted as long as usual, the unusual higher temperatures has put it over too soon.

https://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/2020/04/crafting-happiness-ch-46-anything-goes.html

19 comments:

Janet Packer said...

Lovely cheery card for you SIL Faith. Your garden is beautiful too (your azaleas are well ahead of our’s). Keep safe, Janet xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Faith, lovely colours.
More super photographs of your garden, it is certainly in full bloom.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

Your card to your sister in law was a great surprise, Faith. I am so glad that she received a card on her birthday and you made her smile. And your flowers are BEAUTIFUL, my friend. I can smell them! Hugs!!!

Marlena M. said...

Your card is amazing! Love the texture, ribbon, and pop of colors! Love your garden photos~wow wow!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a lovely idea to make those pretty cards for your SIL. Bright and cheery for sure - as is your garden! Beautiful blooms!

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Faith, what a lovely post, your card is beautiful, lovely colours and a great find of envelopes.
Your garden photos are gorgeous, you must have super green fingers, wonderful plants and blooms, keep safe, Kate x

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card as always. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Stay safe as well my friend!!!

Carol L said...

Oh gosh, I love the card and envelope! In times like these where we are digging through our stash, isn't it amazing what we uncover that's been hiding for so long? TFS your gorgeous garden beauties! That tulip is downright beautiful!!!

crafty-stamper said...

A pretty cheerful card.I went a few doors down to deliver one to a neighbour this morning too.Love the graden pics our tulips have practically finished but the aquilegis are nowhere near flowering yet. Your hubby sounds like mine we used to have loads of flowering plants and shrubs but according to John they just die off yes course they do!!!
Carol x

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith that card is so cheery and will help to brighten the day for anyone. I think a lot of people need that right now. It's so sweet of you to think of others during this difficult time. Gorgeous floral pictures!!!

Shirley Young said...

I bet this lovely card really brightened up you SIL’’s day. Beautiful photos of your garden, it looks glorious xx

NanaConnie said...

What a wonderful find, Faith! Lovely card and I'm so glad you got to take a bit of exercise that ended up bringing pleasure to someone else also. :-D Beautiful garden photos and I do love your gorgeous purple columbine. Stunning tulip and I'm glad at least one was salvaged. My son used to come and tend to my lawn but he seemed to have trouble distinguishing between the grass and flowering plants so he simple mowed everything down to half an inch! That treatment didn't take long to decimate the flowers. :-(

Crafting with Darcy said...

Beautiful card for your SIL. Very cheery and I'm sure she loved your card!
Your aquilegia are beautiful. I think I may have pulled mine up this spring by mistake. I was in a hurry to clean out the flower beds on a few nice days we had and I'm sure they're gone.
And your other flowers are gorgeous as well. I always enjoy seeing your flowers from the garden!
Hugs!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Super card for your SIL Faith and your flowers are stunning!

June x

Vicky Hayes said...

LOVE this bright cheery card Faith - those colours are fantastic! It must have felt great to use up those envelopes! As always, I am just amazed by your garden. I always have a wait between the spring bulbs and the next wave of flowers! Vicky x

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card, and great find on the envelopes. I LOVE your flower pictures. I love love love flowers in the yard. Beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Pat K said...

Doing a catch up this morning Faith..forgive my tardiness. I was so hoping to see some garden pictures and you did not disappoint. They are so beautiful...what a joy it must be to sit in your yard..or look out the window.
Lovely card for your SIL. Enjoy your weekend. xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a pretty, sweet looking card. Love seeing the pics of your garden. We don't have many flowers here yet...woke up to -1 C temp...brrrrr.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
xx Karen

Rosemary said...

what a lovely gift for your SIL, faith! your card is absolutely gorgeous!