24 July 2017

Robin Christmas Card

Hi Everyone, firstly I have to welcome a few of you who have chosen to be my new followers, I very much appreciate your trust in me keeping you interested. Thank you xx

My card for the Outlawz sketch challenge this week is for Christmas, yeah! must have got at least 3 ready now LOL.

Anyhow, something different, I have been going through the vast amount of cutting files I have, even made a few boxes, (another post) shamefully, most not used before, these are 2 of them.

One that I came across started it all, that was the Robin on a branch, so easy, even to layer, and the holly frame which was just as easy. I've added a link and as you can see I have had them for years and not used them, isn't that disgraceful?

My biggest choice was what to use for the diagonal backgrounds of the sketch. I decided on a "snow" background, I wasn't sure of the colour choice, but thought I would go with it.

robin on a branch a freebie 2012 - Shirley's Cards
holly frame 2009 - Einne digital cutting files
ponsettia die - Tattered Lace
background paper - The Lovely Studio (previously Pink Petticoat)
ribbon from stash
eyes and touch of beak - Uniball glitter pen
berries - Stickles xmas red



13 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

This is so gorgeous, Faith! I love the robin you made and your holly frame. So glad you were able to use the Sketch from the Outlawz!
Hugs!
Darcy

Mac Mable said...

What a clever colour way with the traditional green and red and then the blue dots...gorgeous x

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Faith, I love the cute little robin. Great take on the sketch. xx

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Faith, a fabulous holly frame and sweet robin.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

MiamiKel said...

Very pretty, Faith!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful love the wreath die and little Robin
Carol x

Carol L said...

I love the little robin in that holly wreath! Cute card!

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith this is so gorgeous. And that die is beautiful.

Shirley Young said...

This is such a coincidence Faith as I used the Robin on the branch yesterday in a new template I am designing for this years Christmas Cards. Love your card xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the great design.xxx

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful Christmas card Faith! You did a wonderful job with the design challenge.

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

I'm sorry but that little birdy is just the cutest thing! Soo cute!

NanaConnie said...

Great use of that sketch, Faith, and I love, love, LOVE the die cutting!