08 October 2014

Pumpkin mouse

Hi Everyone, my second offering as October GD for Deedees Digis is from the October Digi of the Month, (you receive a freebie if you enter the monthly challenge) this is another great kit.  I decided as my it is my SIL's birthday I would make her a card with one of the the images. (if you have started reading this Anne, log out now! LOL)

Anyhow, I used the mouse on the pumpkin, there are super sentiments in the kit, so chose the "thinking of you" as we live a few hundred miles from each other, it's what I do on her birthday, as well as phoning of course.

I always take HOURS over my cards, and that is just deciding what to do and what to include. I look through my files usually putting a "search" through them with some sort of word, I go mad sometimes and just search with a number, it's surprising what comes up LOL. On this occasion a calender tag came up amongst other things, a gem of an idea sprang up and so this card was born.

Colouring in Photoshop then adding overlays, shadows and highlights. I fussy cut it all out and layered as you can see in the close up. I hope SIL appreciates the amount of work I did for her, I know she will, as she and I are still learning PS and talk about card making a lot.



Image Deedee's Digis
Overlays by TA Miller, Marisa Lerin, Sheila Reid
DP plain papers, Calender tag, and marker on calender by Creative Bloom Designs
SVG file Bubble border by Heather M


5 comments:

Pat K said...

Oh such a cute card Faith. Love the image and the calender is a wonderful addition. xx

Shirley Young said...

What a gorgeous card Faith, I love the little mouse and as usual your Photoshop work is fabulous. I'm sure your SIL will really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

if your SIL is anything like me - no way will she log out. Another mousterpiece. lol x

MaryH said...

Faith, Am so loving what you've done with this cute digi. I'm always so amazed at the way you can manipulate PS to create such a different look to images, and you've successfully done it once again. This was already a darling digi image, & you made it even more stupendous with your coloring & layering. Love the background too and the addition of the calendar. Your SIL will love it too, and well done on your GD assignment. Big Hugs & TFS

MagsB said...

Oh what a cute image, Faith! So sweet! And I love the diagonal line on your card, it's really effective! I hope your week is going well!

love Mags B x