29 October 2012

Birthday card

Hi everyone, sorry haven't been around for a little while, we have had lovely visitors to stay,  but here I am with a quick post of a card I made on the weekend.

I was asked to make a card with a photo on the card, it's for the "baby's" 30th birthday.  I started by scanning the photo and adjusting the colours, they are better, but not quite "normal".  I then used digital papers Happy Birthday mini kit a freebie by Numb Bumm Designs HERE I'm afraid you will have to search for it, as I couldn't find the kit and didn't have time to search for longer.

I added the string, with the numbers added, from the same kit, then added the photo, I found some digi eyelets by Gina Jane at DAISIE, erased part of the string and added the eyelets so it looked like it was going through them.  I added the sentiment with Papyrus and One Starry Night fonts, I thought the starry font matched the curls of the string.  I printed it all out onto an 8 x 8 card. then printed the top half again on Cuddly Buddly eggshell paper to give it a bit of shine, I cut around the tags making them 3D, added Stickles to the dots and copied the flame from the number to make a border for the bottom of the card which was also Stickled.  Hope you all like it. It took ages to do, but I so enjoy playing with the effects in PS, to see what I can achieve, I'm learning more everyday.



Close up of the eyelets, also added to the photo. and "cut" string

8 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is rather clever Faith with that swirly string and eyelet banner. I'm a big fan of PS too and like to use it for hybrid scrapbooking. Hope you're having fun with your visitors! Vicky x

Shirley Young said...

This is lovely Faith, I really love the effect you've achieved with the eyelets it looks brilliant. You are so clever with what you do with PS.

Aileen said...

Very good Faith. Great to incorporate the photo. x

Bonnie said...

What a great idea for a birthday card! I love that string woven through!

Anonymous said...

Clever!!! Fantastic work as always Faith.
xx

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do this !!!!! You are so clever and of course only you could use a digi kit called numb bumm!!!! what a great name. Another smashing card, love that you really go all out for your commissions.

Marie

Sally H said...

Just Brilliant! Sorry I haven't visited for a while. Hope you are enjoying yourself and not working too hard!

Unknown said...

Love it...that could work for the younger version and the older version of Gareth lol ...really great card