23 October 2011

Motorbike

Here I am, thought you had got rid of me?, no chance, maybe a few days or more between, but I am able to post once in a while (laughing!)

I was asked to do a card for a friends son, so here it is, it had to be a Yamaha Dragster Cruiser motorbike, hope I have the right one, as there were loads on the web.  I used Summertime Designs Limeade Black Damask for the backing paper, the red check from Jannisscrapdesigns, the small rectangles are also SummertimeDesigns from This is Love, the font is Budmo Jiggler.
The wheels are a cut file I made myself, I copied a wheel picture off the web, my husband then told me they don't look like wheels they need a tyre, so I then made a circle to fit the wheel, I cut the centre from mirror card and the tyre from black - naturally!  I then put it all together following a sketch from Papertake Weekly.

I have a WPC cutting file if anyone wants to try it, I haven't done anything like it before, so would appreciate some feed back on the wheels and if it can be used by others.  I use Fairycuts, but have been told the file can be changed to SVG, sorry I don't know how. I don't seem able to get Fairycuts to save as SVG, there may be a way, but I'm still learning it.  Just thought I have a PDF too, leave a comment and I'll get back to you or email me and request whichever, if it works I'll post here.

5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Fab male card , love the colour combo
Lisa x

Beryl K said...

Brilliant male card, your wheels are fantastic, very clever
Beryl x

Vicky Hayes said...

A lovely male card - and the wheels are fabulous Faith! Vx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Faith!! Perfect colour combo for a male card and the wheels are fab!
xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi faith , how are you ? Have missed visiting you and your great words and cards. Another clever one from you and love the wheels too. Haven't got a clue what your talking about thoug !

Take care Marie