01 November 2021

Lamb or Mutton?

     Hi Everyone, I have 2 DT cards today, this is for -

our new named blog
 

although the rules are slightly different, we still have the same challenge

Anything Goes but they MUST feature a critter as the main focus

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...

This card was made with one of those wild moments of memory of something different? Well I used them in this card and today's. I wanted something very simple for my card class, some of whom have mental health problems and thought it would tie in with my DT post today.

Anyhow, I cut the free file, I have had it from 2011, with my die cutting machine. It consists of a scallop shape for the body,  a head and pants/legs. I decided to use makeup remover pads, to make a "wooly" sheep. 

The parts were cut from white and black card and the ear inserts from pink card. I got my class to put it all together, starting with splitting the pad in half and attaching it to the scalloped white base, for the body. Then putting everything else together, with wobbly eyes added last. I'm happy to say they loved it.

I also computer generated the sentiment and had them add it to a black base. It took a while to cut them for 12, I never know how many are going to attend, so always prepare 12, this card was eventually made by 6. I'm sure the other 6 will come in handy in a few weeks for other newbies to the class?

cut file - MyTimetoCraft.com (sadly I can't find her anymore)
makeup pad - stash!
eyes - stash
sentiment - computer generated

On the same day, I also got them to do this, and as it's an animal, I thought I may add it here. Again all pieces cut out on my Cameo, to let everyone be able to just put it together, another easy make for them also.
pattern - Cindy G @ MyScrapChick




18 comments:

Carol L said...

You are such a dear person to work with the challenged in creating cards, and Oh my gosh, what an adorable card this turned out to be! You know that cameo and use it to it's full potential and I'm always impressed with what you do! Great bag too!

Linby said...

Two lovely makes and I'm sure your class love making them up.

crafty-stamper said...

Both brilliant makes Faith love the penguin on the gift bag but the sheep is brilliant absolutely love it
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun idea with your first card and love the 'wooly' make up pad coat x. Adorable little bag and a lot of effort in the preparing of both projects Faith, but so rewarding x.

cuilliesocks said...

Love your two projects Faith, such fun with the googly eyes, Kate x

Brenda said...

I adore this sheep card Faith! I'm glad your class loved it too, it's to dang cute! I also love your penguin box, your class seems to be going well and enjoying all you come up with! Good for you!! MyScrapChick had some great files, I have some I need to do something with! lol Hugs, Brenda

cotnob said...

A super card and gift bag Faith, it looks like your craft classes are great fun.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shirley Young said...

Great projects for your class Faith, I bet they enjoyed putting them together xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh my what cute makes

Aimeslee Winans said...

Adorable and perfect projects, Faith! They are very lucky to have you, XOX

Christine said...

Great. What an easy but thrilling project to do. All those pieces to put together...... well done!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Two great makes, Faith. You really do so many fun things with the Cameo!

Liz said...

Two brilliant projects, Faith. Great idea using the make-up remover pads for the woolly sheep. xx

Hetty said...

I am sure everyone had fun making your card and project.
It is wonderful to help out and spend some time with them.

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooooooo cute

Vicky Hayes said...

Your cameo is really coming into its own with your classes Faith! I bet everyone loved making these cute creations! Vicky x

Doris Klein said...

This is a really cute and fun work! It makes me smile :-)

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

Monica C. said...

Two great projects, I am sure that had a ball. Creating anything with animals always goes down well. The makeup cotton wool for the fluffy sheep is a brilliant idea.
Hugs Monica