01 March 2022

Angel QKR

    Hi Everyone I have 2 DT cards for today

This is for the challenge at QKR. Our challenge is on the 1st and 15th of every month, so you have 2 chances every month to enter the challenge.

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

I have an "old" work colleague, I have mentioned her before, she loves everything angels and insists that I send her cards with angels on them. Her birthday was last week and I made this card for her. 

I took the digital image into my die cutting machine, printed and cut 3 layers. I added blue ink around the bottom layer image, coloured the top layer and added it to the second layer, to give it strength. Then I added it to the bottom layer.  I decided to keep it fairly simple without too much colour, and added 2 layers of the cut frame around the angel in white. I added gold glitter pen to the halo, wings and her hair and stamped and die cut the sentiment to finish.

stamp - Guardian Angel Eureka Stamps
inks - Distress Inks
sentiment stamp - Magazine freebie
die - Tonic
frame - Silhouette Design Store #1800017
Silhouette Cameo

You can see a little of the gold glitter gel pen here


19 comments:

Janette said...

A beautiful card Faith, such a gorgeous image and what a pretty frame.xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Faith, such a pretty Angel.
I'm back after a long break sorting out my craft room.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Beebeebabs said...

Wow absolutely stunning!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Faith, this card is beautiful. I like the softness of the colors.

Brenda said...

Oh Faith, this is a gorgeous card! I had a teacher friend who loved angels too, she always wore a different angel pin every single work day. I love your mat layer and of course that gorgeous angel, which you have colored up so beautifully! Hugs, Brenda

Pat K said...

Gorgeous image, coloured and framed beautifully. A lovely card. xx

Mac Mable said...

Striking image and card and Happy Saint David's Day Faith x.

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful angel image and a gorgeous design Faith, love the colours too, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Angel and love the die-cut frame
Carol x

Kate said...

This is absolutely beautiful! The gold is lovely and I love the look of the blue behind the angel too.

I did get a chuckle that your colleague insists you give her cards let alone ones with angels!! She must be a good friend too.

Shirley Young said...

Looks fabulous Faith xx

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Faith! Really lovely design!

Lee said...

Beautiful.

Rosemary said...

So very lovely, Faith!

Carol L said...

That's such a beautiful angel and I love how you colored and displayed her! What a sweet way to send birthday wishes to someone who loves angels!

Aimeslee Winans said...

So so pretty, love how you colored her gown and the die you used to frame the focal, I very nice card, a looker! xoxo

Greta said...

So beautiful! Love the gold gel pen!

Maria said...

Super lovely is your angel birthday card! Beautiful frame and great touch with the gold gel pen, so pretty!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous...love how you framed it
xx Karen