01 August 2021

Baby Bear

  I have 2 DT cards today this is the second, please scroll down for my first card, I'd love you to see it.


Anything Goes but they MUST feature a critter

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter featured...

We are sponsored this month by SheepSki Designs and they generously
provided images to our DT to use on their inspiration projects.  

Don't you just love this darling bear? I printed it onto watercolour paper and painted it with DI's then added a few spots with marker pens, the paper was a cheapy and didn't show the colours up so well, so I added glaze and it now looks like I added a sticker! after he was finished. I added a grass stencil, (I have to say this is the most used of any stencil I have, it's fabulous) and some die cut flowers. The bear layer was attached to the die frame and placed onto the strip of paper. I still wasn't happy so added parts of a heart stencil. 

die frame - Tonic
flower dies - Tattered Lace
paper - Craft Sensations
grass stencil - Funky Fossils
`heart stencil - Julie Hickey 

Something a bit different this month.  We're partnering with Double Trouble
and here's a bit about their theme which runs from August 1 through August 19.

Challenge #90  "
Thing 1:  Trouble Maker - says, "Cleo, my purr-ty furbaby, is excited that August 8th is International Cat Day.  She's "feline" that purr-haps it's time for us to do something claw-some.  Cleo wants to celebrate all of her fur-ends by creating a project that includes any baby animal, e.g. kitten, puppy, chick, elephant.  She thinks this challenge is a paw-sibility, it's purr-fect and will be pun for all." 

You can paws here... OR ... use Twisted Sister's optional twist for an additional chance to our random draw.   
  
Thing 3:  Twisted Sister says, "Paw-don me, are you kitten me?  This is hiss-terical!  I am purr-ple with laughter.   Let's see if mew  can come up with a pun for your baby animal or feel free to use one of ours.  Have some pun with this optional twist.  

And you're already entering here at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies so pop on over to Double Trouble and enter their challenge, too.  If it fits here, it will fit their theme!  :-D 







21 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, such a sweet bear and great colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

R's Rue said...

What a cute card. One I’d love to receive for my birthday.

Pat K said...

Oh he is so sweet...lovely card Faith. xx

Leslie said...

Super adorable! That little bear is darling!

Maria said...

What a darling bear!! You colored him beautifully!! Great sweet card, Faith!!

cuilliesocks said...

What an adorable image and a gorgeous card Faith, coloured beautifully, Kate x

Sue said...

Awww that bear is so sweet Faith and what a lovely card hugs Sue x

Mac Mable said...

Sure is a darling bear and one very cute and adorable card Faith x.

Marlena M. said...

Aw such a sweet image and lovely card!

Bunny said...

This bear is so cute. What a great birthday card. [Bunny]

Rosemary said...

really sweet birthday card, faith... your little bear is so cute!

Shirley Young said...

Such a cute little bear, it’s a beautiful card Faith xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is the sweetest little bear, along with those darling little hearts! Adorable card!

crafty-stamper said...

Awww this is sooo cute Faith love the little bear and your stencilled grass
Carol x

NanaConnie said...

I adore this sweet/sad little bear, Faith! His fur looks so real. Makes me want to pet him. :-D

Aimeslee Winans said...

Also saw this one on the challenge blog and saved it to my Samples for this image because I LOVELOVE your coloring!!! It's a very pretty card, the floral paper behind it is the perfect touch. xoxo

Chana Malkah said...

Oh, this is so sweet! The expression on the bear's face is priceless. Nice card, Faith!
Hugz,
Chana

Brenda said...

OMGosh Faith, this card is adorable! I love this little fella, how cute is he?! You have colored him up to look so furry, not sure how you did that, but it is great because I want to reach out and touch him. Love the flower papers in the background and those fun flowers too. Simply adorable! Hugs, Brenda

Sally H said...

What a gorgeous Bear! Beautiful card Faith! Sorry it has taken me a while to get over here to visit xxx

Monica C. said...

This card is so sweet, Faith. Love the little bear and your coloring on him is lovely.
Hugs Monica

Kate said...

Such a darling card - and fun that your sweet bear looks like a sticker with the glaze! Love that grass too!!