19 April 2021

Anniversary

 Hi Everyone, I have a lot of things going on at the moment, so if I seem a little short in my comments please forgive me, I am trying to keep up with everything, but things will inevitably be delayed sometimes.

With all that's going on here and Prince Philip's funeral, I have been a bit down in the dumps, especially on Saturday and seeing Her Majesty the Queen seemingly so alone, so many people this year being in the same predicament made it so poignant.

Well as the Prince said "get on with it". 

My card is a celebration , which was lovely to make and going back to their wedding day and thinking, where the heck have all those years gone. Anyhow this is for my Godson and his wife. I hope they like it.

I started off with cutting out a leaf background with a die and some card and using it as a stencil, using a light grey ink, I didn't want any colour as it's a Pearl Anniversary. I went around the edges of the card, then stamped the sentiment. 

Off to my electronic die cutting machine to cut the heart, I cut 4 layers to have it stand proud from the card. I used one layer for the placement of the leaves and coloured the same ink through it, I took the shape off and painted slightly outside the line, so there were no white edges to the leaf inserts. The heart with all layers was added and I placed the pearls, which I have had for years.

stamps - Magazine freebies
embossing powder - Altenew
leaf die - Tattered Lace
inks - Distress Ink, Hickory Smoke
heart shape - Michelle Webley, Quill and other Designs
Silhouette Cameo




21 comments:

Janette said...

A beautiful card Faith, its really gorgeous.
Saturday was a day of sorrow for many, our beautiful Queen looked so tiny and alone, I sat and watched the whole thing, which was beautifully done, but was heartbreaking too.
Hope your OK, sometimes it gets so hard doesn't it, take care.xx

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful - love your card!!!

Mac Mable said...

Yes I thought the same about The Queen too Faith on Saturday x.
Such an elegant and classy card with fabulous use of the cameo Faith x.

Carol L said...

I just love the beautiful things you create with your electronic cutting machine! This card is just stunning and oh so elegant! I too am struggling to keep up with everything lately and I hope it gets better in the coming days for both of us! Take care!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Faith, an elegant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so elegant, Faith! The pearls are gorgeous! Hope things get better soon.

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is so elegant Faith, beautifully designed. I hope you feel better soon, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card Faith very elegant love the beautiful heart and tear drop pearls-hope life you feel better soon
Carol x

Shirley Young said...

This is beautiful Faith, I bet they loved it xx

Leslie said...

Love this! Very striking design!

Vicky Hayes said...

Thank goodness for crafting to take your mind off things Faith! How lovely to remember your Godson's wedding while you were making this beautiful card. I love the leafy design with the pearls. Vicky x

Sarn said...

I couldn't agree more with Vicky's comment above!

I hope your normal exuberance returns quickly and you feel better.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat K said...

Very beautiful, elegant card to celebrate this special occasion. I'm sure it will be treasured. And yes it was a very sad day watching the funeral. Take care xx

Greta said...

What a gorgeous heart & gorgeous card! Truly a keepsake!

baileyrosy.com said...

Hellllloooo Faith. How lovely to see you over at my blog I really have missed you. What a beautiful and stylish card and as you know anything made with the Silhouette is fine by me and the heart really does stand proud. I do hope you are keeping well and I know the feeling of not being able to keep up with everything.

Marie

Rosemary said...

your card is so beautiful, faith! that silver heart with the pearls is lovely! i know your godson and his wife will treasure it!

Marlena M. said...

The touch of pearls make it really special Faith! Lovely work~

Linby said...

This is such a pretty design, CAS with the pearls, it's stunning.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, Faith, that is amazing. I can't even really tell it's in layered paper, thought it was like a wood or acrylic piece. Boy, no way could I get all that perfect like you did! xoxo

Diane said...

Wow Faith, what a stunning card design.

Hugs Diane

Kate said...

The card is so elegant and pretty! It's perfect for a pearl anniversary!