19 July 2017

My first mixed media????

Hi Everyone, I know you all are really clever with your stamping and mixed media, painting etc. Me? I'm happy with my digital, BUT, being part of The Male Room DT, this month called for -
Oh! NO was my first reaction, I like a challenge and this was a HUGE challenge for me. BUT, I didn't realise how much fun it would become for me.

I also looked Mixed Media up so I could use things I am comfortable with and have hanging around, this is what I found.

Question - Is mixed media art just limited to papers and cardboard? Or does it include fabrics and other mediums as well? Is there any limits to what you can and cannot use?

Answer - Mixed Media Art includes all and anything you can think of! My preference is for paper....

That made me happy, on to my card - 
Not the usual paints and slosh, mixed media is generally known for!!!!
 but, I think I can call it mixed media, it certainly was for me.

Dies and stamps - Magazine freebies
Car, wheel hubs, wheels and "vroom, out of an old can, held over the gas burner (carefully) until it turned colour, I have done this before and it turned a better colour, must have been the can!
label sentiment - stamping heat embossed 
stamped on the tin Vroom with Stazon
road and happy birthday - digitally made in PS with help from here
cloud dies - felt die cut
background - Reeves watercolour pencils spread with water on crosshatched card
framing - out of metallic paper dry embossed
I think that counts for 7 types of media, UNLESS you know different!
C'mon, give me a break - I tried!

waiting to be put together!



I hope you can see the colour change in the tin in this photo



12 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant mixed media and love the heated metal die-cut car-never attempted die-cutting a can
Carol x

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, you've certainly managed to use a variety of different elements - a fabulous card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shirley Young said...

Mixed media is something I've never really tried Faith but I think you've done a great job here, it looks great.

Linby said...

Yeh! It's great, I love that car die, you've done a fab job combining the different media.

Rocky said...

I love it, the car is great and all the little extras add lots of interest.

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful card :-)) I like your car.
Hugs, Andreja

Mac Mable said...

Yey!!!!to mixed media. It can be as much or as little as you want, depending on the interpretation...I am certainly not full on mixed media (I wish) but mixing your mediums is what it is all about and you've nailed it....you sure look like you enjoyed it x

Deborah Frings said...

So glad you enjoyed the challenge - mixed media encompasses so much or little, depending on your choice. I think this is super. xx

Hetty said...

Great male card.

Hetty said...

Beatiful background, Faith.

Robyn Oliver said...

Excellent Mixed Media card Faith.... love that car

Carol L said...

You do mixed media quite well, this card proves it! Love the little vehicle too!