27 May 2017

Giraffe cushion

Hi Everyone, my project today was for my BiL, who was 84 a couple of weeks ago, what do you buy a man of that age with no hobbies, no smoking, no drinking?

Wandering around IKEA a thought came into my mind, so I bought a 20cm by 20cm plain cushion, then used heat transfer sheets to transfer the digitally coloured Giraffe,  and the border images, which I had used as a colour guide for the giraffe. I am so happy with how it turned out. BiL was VERY happy with it and it seems he won't let anyone sit in his chair while it is on it, Bless him. Should make one for myself, it matches my suite AND it makes me smile everytime I see it.

Cushion IKEA
Giraffe From the Heart Stamps
Corners, from Digi kit Bermuda Triangle at Pixel & Co, no longer available.
Quote  (grunge effect) Marisa Lerin at Pixelscrapper with gradient overlay in PS.


15 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

How sweet! What a great idea Faith! No wonder he loves it. You're so clever to come up with this idea!

Sue said...

Awww this is really cute Faith ! it's gorgeous and what a brilliant idea for your BIL lots of huggles Sue xxx

Sally H said...

That's wonderful! What a brilliant idea - love it!

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Faith, such a fabulous idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

NanaConnie said...

I love this, Faith! I have a dear friend who adores (and collects) giraffes and I have to think about making one for her. :-D Thanks for the fabulous inspiration.

Kate said...

This is so fun! It made me smile as soon as the web page opened. I'm so glad to read that you're BIL is so delighted with it too!

Shirley Young said...

Hi Faith, back from my hols now and catching up. This is a fantastic idea, no wonder your BIL loves it x

Brenda said...

Sorry to be so MIA Faith, please be patient with me. I am totally in love with this pillow you made for your BIL!!!! How cute is that giraffe?! I love the border around the pillow and I love that giraffe. Yes, you need to make yourself one too, this fella sure does bring the smiles to one's face!!! Hugs, Brenda

G Peplow said...

Clever you Faith, I love it too, no wonder BIL won't share LOL Hugs Gay xx

Crafting with Darcy said...

This is so cute! What a great idea! And I love that your BIL loves it so much he won't let anyone sit in his chair when his pillow is there! That is heart warming!! I love how your giraffe is colored so beautifully! He looks so happy!!
Hugs!
Darcy xoxo

Cindy Groh said...

That is perfect for the brother of that age. They never want anything however a good pillow is always a great gift.

wannabcre8tive said...

The pillow is adorable. I love the fun giraffe.

Anonymous said...

Isn't heat transfer material addictive?!! What a brilliant cushion and a great present for your BIL.

Hetty said...

Totally love this project, Faith. Such a happy looking pillow.
I think everytime your BIL looks at this he will smile.

Linby said...

Well done on a great present idea and a fab design. Thanks so much for the encouraging comments on my blog particularly about my word video.