18 April 2014

DSC #84 Inspirational Photo

It's time for a new challenge at

 Digitally Sweet Challenges

the Theme is 

Inspirational Photo
- add stars to your project.

Inspirational photo


My DT card is not what you would expect from the photo is it? I just went for the colours and the "wackiness" of the digi from Limited Runs Digital stamps, it's such fun. 

I used DP's from My Party a kit by hfinch at Sweetshoppe Designs.  The shell and the "stars" are by Flower Scraps, Beach kit.  The "texture on the Octopus are overlays by Larasdigiworld and Delicious Scraps, I added shadows.


This is the card after I printed it, for my BIL.

Added a 3D layer, would have liked to do more,
 but have to watch in case the Post Office
say it is undeliverable costing the recipient money..






13 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Faith, such a fun card and that image just makes me smile! Love the fun colors. Have a great day!

Shirley Young said...

Love it Faith the papers, the colours look fab and how cute is that image. By the way just for info the Cameo show is on CC at 10.00 am tomorrow repeated at 11.00pm. Have a nice Easter xx

Karen Wilson said...

I love what you did with this! How fun and the sentiment is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Good morning - love the card - makes me start the day with a smile. x

Aileen said...

Fun card with a fun sentiment. x

MaryH said...

Happy Easter, Faith! This is so cute, and I love that sentiment! Your interpretation of the theme was so clever, never would have thought to use this digi, but it worked great! I'm sure Bil loved it too. The bright colors and that cute sentiment made me smile, which - after all - is the point of a birthday card sometimes. No, I didn't mention that I'd post my complaints to the world on a blog...didn't think of that! I had some scathing words in my email to the company however, and at least _THIS TIME_ I have gotten a couple of emails. We'll see if it gets to be more than just pacification, though. I was mollified - just a bit - to have them acknowledge my complaint. Repairs have been made - again - so we'll see how long it lasts. We are putting food in there, with the expectation it won't be frozen or ruined when we try to use it. Lots of $$$$ has been wasted in food with these problems. TFS & Hugs.

Sarn said...

Nice to see an amusing card Faith. Great! Hope all's well with you and you're enjoying Easter. xxx

Pat K said...

Great card Faith with such a fun image and sentiment. xx

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Faith! This is gorgeous! I may have to steal that idea for a TA who has a bit of a cupcake obsession at work! LOVE it!

Bonnie said...

This wasn't what I expected, but I LOVE it! What a fun take on this photo!

Shirley-Anne said...

hello Faith This is a fun image and matching sentiment along with bright background .
cheers Shirley-Anne

Denise Pustelniak said...

Tastey colors on your cupcake! Love the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha love your cute but greedy octopus and no I wasn't expecting it either but its such a fresh take on the inspiration photo and I love it. Hope you had a great Easter.

Marie