29 October 2013

Halloween birthday card

Hi Everyone, sorry for my absence, hope you missed me!

I have made a mass of items for my craft fair for the church, whew! one of the girls in work asked me to bring in some of what I had made, I took a few samples and then had orders given to the girl I had taken them in to see, which now means MORE work, not that I'm sorry more the merrier for funds :)

Anyhow, I am posting a card today I made for yet another niece, her birthday is on the 30th and this year thought I would take the Halloween route for a change.  She is over 40 so the poem is one I know she will enjoy.   The image is from Elizabeth Dulemba, you know I LOVE using her images.  I didn't want to just write Happy Birthday on the front, so went in search of a poem I could use and found this one by Joe Donnelly on Family Friend Poems HERE  I think it suits the little witch perfectly, the one on the card that is LOL.  ( I contacted Joe Donnelly for permission to use his poem, you should visit the site just to read the remainder of the poem, it is so funny.)  Sorry wrong link, but I have updated the link to the poem 

I added a circle to represent the moon, (or the sun for the poem) then used a gradient to do the background, I used a paper that I had designed, with an overlay I have had for yonks and yonks for her coat, then 3D'd the image and added sparkle. I think it is generally known as "fussy cutting" now.  Quite simple really.


I will enter the following challenge

http://tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/tuesday-throwdown-challenge-171.html  Use Witches or candy.

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I have missed you and I'm glad to hear your absence was for good reasons! This is an adorable witch and I love the poem!

Shirley Young said...

This is lovely Faith, the little witch is so sweet. Tried the link for the poem but it didn't seem to take me to any poems !

Sally H said...

Fabulous, Faith! What a great rhyme too! Love it

Pat K said...

...oh I missed you Faith! Glad to hear you've been having fun creating.
Another wonderful card...so very thoughtful as always. Thanks for the info on the birds. I've heard of magpies but only in children's books....how fab to have them in your yard. I've changed my blog photo....pic of a Baltimore Oriole that nested in our yard. I was so excited when I saw he choose our tree to nest in last summer. xx

Anonymous said...

I missed you terribly but seeing as how its for a good cause I forgive you but please dont do it so often ! Gorgeousness abounds here although you have me totally baffled with all of your wizardry . The only thing I know is the outcome is stunning. Good luck with your craft fair and hope to see so photos

Vicky Hayes said...

You will never be work-free you know Faith if you keep showing everyone your gorgeous cards! Love this one and suspect Joe Donnelly may have had a snifter or two himself before writing the verse! Vicky x

Margaret said...

An adorable witch. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Pauline said...

Fabulous card Faith! love that sweet little witch!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

You've done it again Faith! I'm going to feature your creation in my November 5, 2013 Coloring Page Tuesday newsletter! (Love the polka-dots!) And you can now get a badge of honor to add to your post or sidebar at http://dulemba.com/index_contact.html (scroll down for the coding). Also, if your commenters would like to subscribe or find more coloring pages, they can do so at http://dulemba.com/index_ColoringPages.html . Cheers and Happy Creating!
Elizabeth O. Dulemba
Children's Book Author/Illustrator
http://dulemba.com

Sally Dube said...

LOVE your card - adorable witch!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!!

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Congrats on being featured on Elizabeth Dulemba's site again :-) Beautiful card!!! Just gorgeous. Oh, and congrats on getting orders for your fabulous creations. I've always wanted to test the waters on craft fairs and such. Keep us updated so we know if its worth the effort! Be sure to grab the badge for Coloring Page Tuesday!!!

Linby said...

Congrats on being featured very well deserved, love this card.