14 November 2011

Waiting for Santa

Hello people, long time no blog, time is passing so quickly and I don't seem to have enough of it, even my commenting has fallen by the wayside, please forgive me fellow bloggers, when life stops getting in the way, "I shall be back" LOL. Anyway, let me get on with my card

I had an order for a Christmas card from a daughter which had to include a Yorkshire Terrier and a Maltese Terrier, I knew I had a Meljens Designs Yorkie image, which has 2 together, as only one was required I edited the second one out, I hope I've not broken any rules by doing this.  The Maltese dog I got off the web.  The little girl is a digi stamp called "Waiting for Santa to come" by Inger Harding.


I added a creamish background paper, sorry don't know by who, I've had it for years and years, before I thought of saving the name, then "burned" it in PS, I had the idea from a Victorian Christmas card.  I then coloured and shaded the girl, the Yorkie and Maltese in PS and printed it straight onto the card.  I printed more images and 3D'd them, then Stickled her pinafore. A clean and simple card, just hope she likes it, as it is a bit different, not so Christmassy really.

Another card, you wait for one and 2 come along together LOL

This is another order for a Christmas card, I don't 'alf get some strange requests! This had to include the saying "Siân get in the basket" !!!!!! Yes my reaction was the same!!!!! It seems it is a family joke. SO, getting myself into mojo mood!!! quite difficult, I looked through my images and found this TGIF digi stamp by Broken box. I love her and have used her a few times always with the quote "Thank God I'm Fabulous" which is part of the digi, it wouldn't have worked this time though, so left it off. I paper pieced her dress with a starry paper.  I found a cat basket I had a few years ago from DAISIE and was a freebie saved as epellnovexclgift.  I changed the blanket by paper piecing in PS and adding a snowflake paper coloured green. The text paper is by Cuddly Buddly, so is the pink plain paper which I added a holly "brush" pattern, again in PS.  I mounted the digi onto silver mirror card after giving her lots of Stickles and a ribbon in her hair, it's not as dark as it looks, but does make an impact.



Well that's all for today, a lot to take in I know, hopefully I shall be back in a day or so, but have things to make for the church Christmas fair and I have not started - it's on Saturday! will I be able to make all I want, I don't expect so, but anything would bring in a few bob as they say!



9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow 2 fab cards .. i just love the little doggies .. and i think you have met your challenges perfectly
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith, great to see you back! Two super cards too. I'd have run a mile if I'd been asked for them - wouldn't have known where to start!! You've done a brilliant job!
xx

Denise said...

Two gorgeous cards Faith - good luck with the Church makes.
Hugs
Denise xx

Beryl K said...

Hi Faith, two brilliant cards. Don't worry too much about the blogging, life just gets in the way sometimes, it happens to all of us
Beryl x

Bonnie said...

The first card has such a sweet scene, the second is really fun! Great job on interpreting that order! I've had the same problem with time for creating and blogging. We are blessed to have a life that gets in the way.

Marlene said...

Both your cards are gorgeous!! Love the scene you created in the first one!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Well you don't half know some weird people don't you ! But you came rough with flying colours both are perfect and so much fun. Am sure the recipients will agree too. Don't leave it so long between blogging I miss you !

Marie

Aileen said...

Wow Faith you've done wonders with your requests. I'm in awe of your PC skills. x

kingstonmama said...

Hi Faith. It's amazing what you've done with such interesting requests. :) Your computer work is fabulous and both cards turned out great. :) Ann Y.