16 March 2018

Birthday card

Hi Everyone, firstly I have to apologise if I haven't caught up with you yet, I am trying (some people say very trying LOL) BUT you Ladies are being so very creative and time takes over before I can complete my visits, hopefully it won't take too long for me to catch up with you.

My card today started with the sketch at the Outlawz, it was great inspiration for a card I had to do for hubby's cousin. Now it's made 7 days before I need it, whoopppeee LOL.

I did this from a digital kit, I find when I use a kit, that all I have to do is pick which elements go with which paper I choose and it all matches beautifully, and so many choices too.

kit "Another year has gone" - Valentina at Digital Scrapbooking Studio
designed in PS
all layered onto white card (for a change)
sentiment 3D'd
sentiment, oval and border, print and cut on the Cameo
oval border - Lori Whitlock "Kraft borders"
oval is actually a circle border I "squashed" to become an oval, 
in PS, I "clipped" a paper to the shape to match everything else.
a little yellow sparkle pen on the flower centres and candle flames


 the insert is blurred - sorry, but it gives you an idea of what I did.

this is the sketch for this week

19 comments:

Shirley Young said...

It's beautiful Faith xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card inside and out love the image
Carol x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fabulous, Faith. I love the beautiful bouquet and what a great take on the sketch.

Unknown said...

Hi Faith I’m having tHe same trouble trying to get around everyone this week.
Your card is amazing I love the design and your colours are beautiful.
Thank you for sharing

Hugs Debs xxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Faith, such a gorgeous image and lovely blues - the inside is fabulous as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely beautiful and what an amazing inside too x Yes blogging takes time and where does time go? x

Crafting with Darcy said...

So gorgeous!! I love all the blues!! Such a wonderful take on the sketch!!
Hugs!
Darcy

Carol L said...

This is simply stunning! What beautiful flowers! BTW, there is no rulebook for visiting and leaving comments - just enjoy :)

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful as always!!!

MagsB said...

Oh my, Faith, this is such a beautiful card!

Please never feel you 'have' to visit my blog, I know exactly what you mean about time - it evaporates! I mean, I've been looking at the ironing all week and STILL haven't found time to do it lol!!!

love Mags B x

Janet Packer said...

A lovely card, as beautiful on the inside as it is on the front - thank you for sharing both.

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely colour your card is.I find myself needing a lot of 70th birthday cards just lately. (I am a part of an ex-pat community in Spain so we are mostly retired folk!). I like oval frames and use them a lot, and sometimes I use a kit as well. I like it when they give you a nice insert to match the front. It has taken me ages to find how to get onto your blog, as your name links me to google+ which I do not usually use. But now I have found you I am a follower, so hopefully your posts will pop up on my lists. Kate x

Katie said...

Beautiful card

MaryH said...

I really admire you at having a card ready so far before you need it! Isn't that a great feeling? (doesn't happen to me very much!) Love this beauty in blue, and those roses are awesome. I like the way you've done the layout, the embellishments & the top layers look so dimensional. I like the inside just as much, very scenic. You catch up when you can...everyone understands! I'm still having the comment problem, which I hoped would go away once I took the sticky post down, but it hasn't so far. So I may miss visiting as well...just don't think I'm ignoring you! Hugs & enjoy a relaxing weekend. TFS

NanaConnie said...

This is so gorgeous, Faith, that I'm going to pretend it was made for me! :-D

Hetty said...

You make such great cards inside and out.
This is a beautiful birthday card.

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, this is just gorgeous.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty....love the colour...
xx Karen

Linby said...

So beautiful and I love the inside too.