21 October 2017

New Home door

Hi everyone, my card today was for my Niece who moved home recently, I couldn't find what I wanted in my files, it's one of those files you know you have and it's disappeared!

Anyhow, I designed a simple door file in the Design space of my Cameo, cut it and layered it, I also cut out the simple letter box and a "dot" for the handle, also cut with the Cameo were the flower pots, I coloured in PS, all added to the embossed background, I also added an insert behind the door on the front. This isn't an original design, there are lots like this on the web.

Silhouette door - my own design you are welcome to have it on request,
 Silhouette glitter sketch pen to enhance the shadows of the door
sentiment behind door - Create with TLC
flower pots - Morgans Artworld
Wreath - Cut & Make mini die
wall embossing folder - Crafters Companion, rubbed over with some ink
sentiment done with Silhouette sketch pen
heart - an old punch






23 comments:

Caz said...

How clever..Love this great idea xx

Mac Mable said...

So unique and so personal. Very clever and love the fun mat, the texture on the wall and of course the dot for the handle x

Mia said...

How! Sooo beautiful card!!! I love the door silhouette and the whole scene! What a pretty wreath and sentiment! Kisses, my friend.

Crafting with Darcy said...

Faith! This is gorgeous!! Love the little pops of color on the mostly white card!! Fantastic!
Hugs!
Darcy

crafty-stamper said...

Great idealove the opening door and embossed wall and little wreath
Carol x

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith your card is gorgeous. Great die cuts.

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Faith, a great design - a super new home card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shirley Young said...

This is a lovely design Faith and the embossed wall really sets it off xx

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card as always!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very sweet new home card. Love the brick wall! The inside is gorgeous too!

crafty said...

Lovely sentiment and card. Thank you for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Faith...the embossed wall looks great and I love all the white. Pat K xx

Carol L said...

What a wonderful new home card, and I love how you did the bricks as well as the front door! NJ!

Marina said...

I love how this opens up ...the inspiring sentiment inside...the yellow wreath. Great card!

Sherri said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the whole scene & the sentiment inside says it all! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

MagsB said...

A perfect New Home card, Faith!

love Mags B x

Linby said...

I find it harder to "find" digital files - that's not to say I find it any easier to find things in the craft room either though! Love this card, especially the sentiment behind the door.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how sweet...love the faint brick design in the bkg., keeps the door as the focal point..great card Faith.
xx Karen

Kate said...

Such a wonderful card and design! Even if there are others out there, yours really does look fantastic. The soft look of the brick wall is fabulous and I'm delighted by the little post slot! What a fun touch!

Greta said...

Perfect card for your niece--very clever!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, so lovely, Faith! Great designing and embossing.

Hetty said...

Beautiful card and great sentiment inside.

Edwina said...

Faith, This is such a great card! I love the door and wreath. That sentiment as the door mat is fabulous. I so enjoy seeing your cards.
I wanted to let you know I received the card you sent me. Thank you so much! I love it! I appreciate your thinking of me. I too enjoy seeing your cards in different places. I always feel like I have a friend with me in the challenges. Thank you. Edwina Brown