22 February 2017

Scrapbook page and vinyl!

Hi Everyone, a little different for you today, 2 different techniques and I mean completely different to each other. This is quite a longish post, I hope it won't bore you.

The first is a scrapbook page I made with a photo I took in November and only just decided to make a page from it, I had played with the image in Photoshop, but wasn't too happy with it, until I saw a layout that would fit it for my purpose and here it is, hope you like it.

In the the main image I have used a PS dry brush filter 
and a gradient overlay to make the photo into a 
kind of line drawing, then 
used a layout template to add papers, 
elements and the original photo.

Layout template, brad and quotes Marissa at Lerin Pixelscrapper
DP's and elements by Antebellum at Pixelscrapper


Now for something I did for fun, as I said completely different.

I found the image on the web and copied it after my #3 brother had put petrol into his diesel car for the second time! I thought I would give it to him next time we saw him, (he lives a few hours away from us). Hubby loved it and put it onto our car! I wanted to make another in white, but, he said that would be a step to far LOL.

I copied the image into my Silhouette design space, traced it and cut it out of glossy vinyl. Here it is on the car petrol cap.




13 comments:

baileyrosy.com said...

Love the scrapbook page the background is beautiful and your little squiggle looks so cute. Have to say that I love what you did for the car great idea very practical and sooo much fun. I dont know how you come up with this stuff Faith you have such a wicked sense of humour.

Marie

cotnob said...

A great layout Faith, such a good idea.
I love your fun image for the petrol cap - you are very clever at manipulating your images.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

NanaConnie said...

The diesel sticker is too funny, Faith! Love you layout with the little squirrel. Beautifully done.

Donna Heber said...

Lovely layout Faith! Oh, I hope your brother didn't ruin his car? Great idea you created to remind him :-)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the little squirrel layout. Super idea to use the same image. Love the light and darker shades together - Great idea. Your little petrol cap "saver" is adorable!

G Peplow said...

Hi Faith, These are totally wonderful, your layout of the squirrel works beautifully but the Simon's cat is just fabulous!! Clever you :D xx

Kate said...

Oh, your decal is just SO fun! I love it!! I hope your brother does too!

And your page is so pretty! What a wonderful idea to scrap that sweet squirrel!

Viv said...

Great scrap page Faith and how clever to do that petrol cap with the image too...inspired ;) Viv xx

Carol L said...

What a fun layout with the squirrel, but that diesel sticker is too funny!

MaryH said...

You always amaze me with your PS skills. Love that background with this squirrel - great work on all the artistic touches you've added to show off this cute critter. Again, awesome Cameo skills, and what a cute & humorous way to remind whomever is filling the tank, to put in the proper fuel! Your brother will think it's a hoot too! TFS & Hugs

Jacki Daniels said...

Lol love your Diesel cat great idea you should sell them hahah your page is beautiful too as always

Brenda said...

Wow, I'm amazed at your layout Faith! Again years beyond me in the techie world!!! That picture of the squirrel is adorable. Then there is the car, OMGosh, how cute is that?!!! Cracked me up and I was laughing out loud! What a great idea and the image is perfect. At least your hubby let you put that on and it is still visible. I bet people get a kick out of it when you are fueling up! Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Tiggerscraps said...

Beautiful page and funny gas tank lid. On my old truck I put what looked like the fuel gage with a little guy figure pulling the needle back to full. I loved it.