I have had a few comments on how I do things in Photoshop, so decided that I would give you an insight into what I did with this card, I'd love to hear your comments on whether you would like more of the same, or more in depth or not to bother LOL. I don't pretend to be an expert, but I do what I can and try and find out what I don't know, hopefully this will help you find out things too.
I had a birthday card to do for my friends Grandson so here it is. With a joke?
The old fashioned spaceman is from WGP Printables at Etsy, the white moons are by Studio Linda Renee from her digi kit Chapel in the Moonlight, I used PS Cloud brushes by Blazter and a star scatter by Dede designs.
I have made all sizes card templates in PS so I just choose the layout depending on which card size I intend to use, this is a 6 x 6 inch finished card.
- I added a dark blue square shape for the background
- Made a duplicate layer to each moon and used the
- PS Filter gaussian blur to each of duplicates.
- Added a gradient overlay to the bottom layer of one moon to add more colour.
- Placed different cloud brushes around and added the same gradient to them
- Used the PS Filter "Twirl" to the clouds, to make the swirling line shapes
- I added the star scatter layer on top.
- The spaceman came in on another layer, I painted him in PS.
- The inside was done with all the layers, except the spaceman
- I duplicated all the layers and merged the duplicate
- This was moved to the left of the card layout with the originals staying on the right side
- I hid the moons on the right side,
- Added a shape matching the colours
- Added text and printed it all out.
After I had printed it and added it to the card I realised he was 21 duh! so cut out the 21 and a key on my Cricut. added them so I can post it to him today! I also added ultra fine glitter from The Range and 3D gloss on top of his helmet to make it look like glass, - hopefully :)
I hope that makes sense to you PS users, it's probably gobblygook to other crafters, that is why I am asking if you want more! Anyhow here's the card.
|Before the 21 and key added|
|hopefully from this you can see what I mean when I said about moving the merged layer to the left etc.|
|This is with the 21 and key added, I thought it had to be off white to layer over the moon.|
http://thecraftingcafe.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/april-challenge-one-for-boys.html One for the Boys - Yep!
http://words2scrapby.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/w2sb-challenge-4-shine-bright-like.html Bright like Diamond - in the sky! - Yep!
http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/you-spin-me-right-round-challenge_4028.html Spin me right round - Must contain circles - Yep! (the moons)