06 December 2017

18th Birthday card

Hi Everyone, my card today is for 2 of my Great Nephews who are 18, in fact the story about this card is one I really have to tell. Skip the next couple of paragraphs if you don't want to know :)

I hadn't been on the computer for a few days and this is where my calendar for birthdays is, so I don't forget! I had been struggling for a couple of weeks, with an 18 year old card for the 2 boys, both named Cameron and born within 3 weeks of  each other.

I switched on my 'puter, to find I had 2 days for his birthday, and it was Friday aaarrrgh! to make and post a card for one of them, AND, I was expecting visitors later in the day. I had to find a quick card, so jumped to my Silhouette files and found a file, which was made up pretty quickly, I added glitter self sticky paper to add a bit of bling, also cut on the Silhouette.

Card done and in the post just before Brother and SiL arrived, I was pretty pleased with myself. I told them the story of their Grandsons card and SiL said, but his birthday is in December Argh! Hence me showing this card today for the challenge.

I had to do another one which took less than half and hour, and just in time to get the card I should have done into the post. So one is VERY early which he opened thinking it could be well done on getting an apprenticeship card, which I also forgot!!!!! At least he was thrilled with it LOL.

I don't know what is happening to me, 3 birthdays, a Congratulations and a retirement card, all just remembered, made and delivered, well, apart from the Congratulations which still has to be made!

Anyhow after all that or not as the case may be, here is the card that got me out of trouble.

Card template cutting file - Shirley's cards
cut on the Cameo.
18 added with Cliche font cut on the Cameo
black card & glitter sticky craft paper - The Range
faux stitching - Uniball gold glitter pen


12 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Oooh! Loving that idea! I wonder if there is a die like that? Such a great statement card! No wonder he loved it, Faith.

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, perfect for an young man - a great story as well.
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pamellia said...

What an amazing card Faith! I love the wonderful contrast in your colour palette, and making a big window using the text is really genius! A very unique and fabulous card. I think we've all had moments like that, but seems you pulled one out of a hat just in time! lol. hugs :)

Mac Mable said...

Got you out of trouble in deed...absolutely gorgeous and very classy x

Cathy F said...

Great story, Faith! You did a great job under pressure - kudos! 💕

Kate said...

Poor you!! But, you pulled things off wonderfully with your card! It's perfect for an 18-year old!

Wishcraft said...

Love the design, fabulous card! Hugs, Lisa x

MaryH said...

Hi Faith, Lovely to hear from you after my long MIA. Enjoyed hearing this story and could so identify with it! A+ to you for saving the day, a couple times! Bet he enjoyed getting both the cards, and think you are just the greatest of aunts. Love how you are excelling with the silhouette, and my goodness, this is a wonderful masculine look. Hope all is well there, and wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and good 2018, with smooth sailing. TFS & Hugs.

Rocky said...

I hope it all worked itself out in the end. Love the card and I'm sure it was well received. Happy Christmas.

Linby said...

Great card - that template looks very useful and I like how you embellished it.

Hetty said...

Lovely bold and glittery birthday card.

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful card :-))
I wish you a Happy New Year 2018!
Hugs, Andreja