11 August 2026

50th birthday card.

Hi Everyone, my son is 50 today, and knows computers inside out, but I couldn't find an image or stamp suitable. So decided for TV instead. I can't believe it, it seems just the other day I was doing a 21st birthday card for him. Where does the time go? I went looking in my files for colour combo ideas and found this.

  

I took the digital stamp into Silhouette and cut 2 layers, plus I made the sentiment strips and cut them too. I then coloured the image with DI's.

Next I cut a square of brown textured card and placed the words strip, after layering both layers together. Next was the corner image, which I also found in my files, but, changed the wallpaper to tie in with the colours of the image. I added two more layers onto the 50, and then added 3D glaze to make his age stand out.

image - Karen's Doodles 2010
inks - Distress Inks = dried marigold,shabby shutters,aged mahogany,
tea dye,rusty hinge, black soot,hickory smoke,festive berries,
spiced marmalade,tattered rose.
wallpaper -  Gina Jones sweaters and hot cocoa pattern papers 2019
corner image - corner background 2008, don't know the designer
fonts -  Adventure for the words and ArabBru for the 50
3D glaze - Glossy Accents 
 Silhouette
 

17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Happy birthday to your Son -perfect masculine card and image.
Carol x

Hetty said...

Congratulations on your sons birthday, Gwen. I hope the two of you have a lovely celebration. You made him a wonderful card.

Pauline C said...

Fab card for your son’s birthday Faith, I’m sure he’ll love it. Happy birthday to him xx

Anonymous said...

What a great card. You too are good at manipulating images etc to suit your needs (good on ya)! WakeyL

kiwimeskreations said...

I great card Faith - I know the feeling of trying to make a card for a computer nerd - I ended up using a free image from google images one year...
Doesn't it make you feel old when you 'children' reach their half centuries!!
A great and fun card - love the sentiment
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Great card for your Son's special Birthday Faith, sure it appealed.

B x

LeslieT said...

Super cool card for your son! I do love that image!

R's Rue said...

Love it my friend.

HilaryJane said...

Happy birthday to your son. What a great card. I hope he spent some time doing just that on his birthday xx

Liz said...

Great masculine card for your son, Faith. My daughter will be 50 next year. I agree, where do the years go?
Liz xx

Rosemary said...

Oh what a fabulous card for your son, Faith! I always love how you make sure to create a card that is unique and so personalized. I bet he absolutely loves it!

Loll said...

Wonderful card for your son's 50th birthday, Faith. I bet he loved it! :) xx

Shirley Young said...

Super idea Faith, it looks great. I hope he enjoyed his special birthday xx

Sarn said...

A fabulous card for your son's fiftieth birthday Faith. I'm sure he loved it. xxx

Lisa said...

Your layered television design is so fun and personal, and the warm colors and glossy accents make the milestone number stand out in a bold and celebratory way.

Maria said...

Happy 50th Birthday to your son! Love the fun image with the guy relaxing watching TV! I’m sure your son appreciated the wonderful card!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic fun 50th Birthday card Faith with great colouring and colours, congrats to your son..Happy birthday..

Luv CHRISSYxx