Hi Everyone my DT make today is for
This month, we would love to see your cards with the theme from Emma
On one of the hottest days of the year, 34C 93f, I decided to go into my North facing craft room, and craft in the shade, I should have just left things as they were and just read.
However, I made 4 cards, 2 went into the bin, #3 I spoiled by smudging my hand over the ink, grrr, so my card today is my offering, but under the circumstances....
Anyhow, I shaded DO's over a piece of card, then using a leaf stencil I went over it with an alcohol wipe. Next I stamped the leaves around the left and top and stamped a sentiment into the space left. Even that I got wrong! I think I should have used the colour of the leaves, oh! well. I then clear embossed the sentiment.
Next I placed the stamped piece onto a matching piece of paper and then added a pink layer with leaf shapes. The paper layers were edged with DI's in darker colours. I then added tiny pink gems. It turned out OKish, I think in the end.
Even then, the photo misshaped the card, taken twice, then straightening, it has made the sentiment look wonky! Told you I should have read instead.
leaf stencil and stamps - Chloes Creative, mag freebie SCP#217
inks - Distress Oxide, kitsch flamingo,lucky clover, mermaid lagoon
sentiment - Woodware, It's the Little Things (old)
green paper - Lidl
pink paper - The Range, Happy Colours
pink gems - stash
Let's cheer ourselves up with the fabulous prizes. We have two wonderful prizes this month from
Taylored Expressions & Penny Black
2 prizes, $30 store voucher from Taylored Expressions and Penny Black stamp set and stencil from Buddly Crafts (photo's not to scale).
Don't forget to use your stamps.





What a beautiful card, Faith. I love the color combination. Hugs, my friend.
ReplyDeleteSounds like your bin gets as much action as mine, had a day like that Tuesday! But this one turned out beautifully for this months theme.
ReplyDeleteB x
Well I love it Faith, a really pretty which is more than I can come up with, keep going Faith you'll get there. xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Faith, love the stencilled leaves and colours, the sentiment is fine-hope you are okay.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
I love the beautiful colour combo Faith and the pretty leaves and sentiment. Take care. xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely finished design despite all the problems, Faith! The soft pastel colors are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteSorry you had such trouble getting there Faith, but your card has turned out beautifully. Take care.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
It's a lovely card, I love the colours, so pretty and that's a great sentiment too.
ReplyDeleteAvril x
Well done for persevering Faith. This card is lovely and worked out really well.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sarn xxx
This is beautiful, i love the ethereal effect it has. I think as i never sit down and make a card in one session (can't sit still that long with my pain) im quite lucky rarely bin them so my brain has thinking time in between, i might make one card in a day but that is rare and coming together over the whole day, little and often xx
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful card with such lovely colours. I like the way the leaves seem to be waving across the card.
ReplyDeleteStunning card with beautiful colour shades.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, Faith! I love that sentiment too!
ReplyDeleteWe all have crafting days like these, Faith! The card that didn't make it's way to the bin is a beaut. Big hugs, Jo x
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card, lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteLovely card, Faith. I love the combination of colours and the stenciled background with the ink removed with a baby wipe, gives a dreamy look. It's so pretty!! Great stamping of your leaves. You are too hard on yourself ... this is beautiful!! xx
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful.
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
Oh, what a lovely card, Faith! Beautiful color and love the pretty stenciled background! Perfect sentiment, too!
ReplyDeleteWell worth persevering Faith - we are our own worst critics, as we know what we are aiming for as we make out cards, but those who see it come without that preconceived idea.
ReplyDeleteI love your result - well done
Blessings
Maxine
Such a great result Faith after all that angst. This one ticks all the boxes and you can be proud you stuck with it - its lovely! CarolG
ReplyDeleteAfter all the ups and downs your card is lovely and I really like the sentiment. Vee xx
ReplyDeleteThis is very pretty Faith and I love the pink and green tones and the ink lifting using a stencil, and then the beautiful stamped leaves over the top are beautiful, and layered onto the pink leaf patterned dp and with the lovely added sentiment it looks terrific. So sorry to hear about your brother, but lovely that you managed to get to visit him, and great that you have such a lovely caring family. x
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful! Those colors are stunning!
ReplyDelete