Hi Everyone, my DT make today is for -
Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale,
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter.
I was going through my digi stamps the other day and found this lovely image, so I took it into Silhouette and print cut 3 images. I coloured it in DI's, a yellow cat? well it's a Summer cat! It should have been more mustardy, but I took it as it was as it seemed a happy cat, then as normal, with no plan, what do I do next?
I went looking for a sketch and found this simple one that looked like it could work.Off to my dies for an oval and cut them out. I coloured the background on the background oval and placed them together onto the card. Then put all 3 layers of the images together and placed them onto the die cuts.
I found these sentiments that I thought were suitable with the image. They were stamped and die cut and added to the base card. Not following the sketch, but I think it worked? I have a recipient for it, so it's on its way.
image - Cat & Mouse Karen's Doodles 2011
inks - Distress Inks as below
dies - Tonic
sentiments and dies - Julie Hickey
I hope to see your Critter over on the challenge.
I'm entering my card to the CD Sunday Plus Challenge



Cute cat image and a lovely sentiment. xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie, Faith and I love how you have used the image. The sentiment is a gorgeous one also
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
What can I say, it’s just purrfect 😹 xx
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS card, I love the cute Summer yellow cat with the little mouse friend.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
This is so cute and you have coloured it beautifully. Well done xx
ReplyDeleteCute image, nicely coloured. I like the layout of this CAS card. It works really well with the main image and I'm sure there must be a cat with fur that colour somewhere :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Another lovely design, Faith! Great take on the sketch and I really like your "summer" cat!
ReplyDeleteAn adorable kitty and great sentiment,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh ... so adorable Faith!! Love your summer cat and mouse playing in the garden. :) xx
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!! I think the yellow cat is perfect! He definitely looks sunny and happy! So good to hear that someone else sometimes starts a card without a plan; it happens to me often. But your card turned out great!
ReplyDeleteLayering the three cuts of the sunny yellow cat over the inked oval creates such a playful focal point, and the simple sketch‑inspired layout keeps the cheerful image and sentiments feeling bright and fun.
ReplyDeleteThe cute image is coloured beautifully and I like the 'yellow' cat!
ReplyDeletePamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
I love your unusual cat. A lovely sketch.
ReplyDeleteCarol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT
A great image, beautifully coloured and I love the sentiment!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us.
Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Super cute! You know a card with a kitty is going to grab my attention! I love this!
ReplyDelete