Hi Everyone my DT make today is for
This month, we would love to see your cards with the theme from Avril
It was difficult choosing which "blooms" to use, in the end I chose these, which I thought could have plenty of colour in them. I stamped the flowers, and what better for Summer than a post card, so I then placed the embossing folder where I wanted it and embossed. I went over it with Stazon ink lightly. Next was to colour the flowers, using DI's and cut on the edge of the postcard shape. I found a sentiment stamp that I thought suited the postcard.
I went to place it onto the base card, and thought it too plain, so I stamped onto the base card and simply coloured the corner flowers. I edged the card with ink, then, using 3D pads, placed the postcard onto it.
stamps - Magazine freebies SCP #230
post card embossing folder - Crafters Companion
inks - Distress Inks & Stazon
Two prizes of Penny Black stamps and stencil from Buddly Crafts (photo's not to scale).





So beautiful Faith, the image you used is so sweet and pretty.
ReplyDeleteSo good to see you keep crafting, sometimes it’s a big help, I know it’s been a God send at times.
You take care and thank you so much for reaching out, it’s a blessing isn’t it xxxxx
Beautiful card, love the design with the postcard and beautiful flowers in the soft colours.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Your summer flowers are a delight and I love the postcard idea. It has worked brilliantly xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, Faith! I love the embossed postcard background with the lovely florals. Adding the florals to the card base provided the perfect finishing touch. (PS I don't know if you know this or not, but you won a Simon Says Stamp gift certificate from my blog!)
ReplyDeleteFaith that is such a pretty card. How lovely is that embossing folder!! Makes such a gorgeous card in very pretty colours.
ReplyDeleteA lovely design with the pretty postcard.
ReplyDeleteA beautifully designed floral card in such pretty colours.
ReplyDeletexx
A lovely card Faith, love the design with the embossed postcard, those flowers are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteAvril xx
Lovely and gorgeous card, beautiful flowers.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card, love how you integrated the EF with stamps. CarolG
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely design Faith, I love the colours too, so pretty xx
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous layout Faith with beautiful flowers. Fantastic result xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Faith!! Love your gorgeous blooms ... both in the background and one the postcard. Great design! xx
ReplyDeleteThis is GORGEOUS Faith. Love your postcard card!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sarn xxx
So beautiful
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
Sorry to be such a late visitor Faith, taking me ages to get round again. Beautiful for our theme.
ReplyDeleteB x
Love this beautiful card, so pretty x
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the postcard embossing folder Faith and stamping those corner flowers was a great idea to bring the design together, too. Love the mix of bright colours, perfect for a summer vibe. I’m still trying to decide what blooms to use for this challenge!
ReplyDeleteYour card is super lovely with the gorgeous flowers! Beautiful postcard, too!
ReplyDeleteStamping the flowers onto the postcard and lightly inking the embossed details gives the card such a charming summer feel, and the added corner blooms on the base layer tie the whole design together beautifully.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card. I love that you put the postcard on the front. The flowers are beautiful and colored perfectly.
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness, such a beautiful image! Love how you've colored it!
ReplyDeleteThis is extremely pretty Faith and I love the idea of using the postcard as the base for the pretty flowers and then to finish the extra flowers in a couple of the corners look beautiful..a wonderful card. x
ReplyDelete