07 April 2020

Die cut

Hi everyone, my card today is something I have had on my desk for ages, I just didn't know what to do with the die cut out of patterned paper, I cut it to see how the cut looked. It has sat for a few months, then clearing up a little I was going to throw it, then thought c'mon, do something, so I sat and pondered and in the end came up with this, so simple, but couldn't think of anything else to do! I used plain card to cut another, cut it apart and placed it in each corner. I'm not sure of it, but it will come in handy I'm sure.
die -
blue paper - Craft Sensations
plain card - Crafters Companion
stamp sentiment - Simply Cards and Papercraft freebie


I have a photo to share with you, a newspaper cutting I found not long ago. I was 9 years old and played the part of a "Sunbeam". I had one line to say - 
"Hark I hear the bells ringing!" 
I forgot it! and had to be prompted, meaning the embarrassment called a halt to all future drama productions! Who knows what could have been if I had remembered LOL. I am ringed in the centre, with my younger brother playing a ladybird (ladybug) in the bottom left circle. My mother made out costumes as every mother did / does :)

18 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Great card Faith, you did an awesome job with the dies. Oh my that is an great find and wonderful memories.

Carol L said...

Great save on the die-cut! The dark blue mat pulled everything together beautifully! I love finding treasures like your photo - I documented all those gems into scrapbooks years ago when I found mine. Things like this make you more aware of how quickly time passes! TFS

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous CAS card and love the beautiful paper pieced die.What a great find and the memories it brings back
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful card Faith, I love the pretty leaf die with that gorgeous paper, beautifully designed.
What a lovely thing to find, lots of lovely memories for you, Kate x

Beebeebabs said...

Your cards is absolutely beautiful - great job as always - thanks for sharing the photo!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great idea to inlay your negative with the patterned die cut like that! It looks stunning and reminds me of that beautiful jewellery you see made out of pieces of blue and white china. Vicky x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh, and I meant to say, the embarrassment of forgetting your line hasn't stopped you from smiling radiantly for the camera! Love that you were cast as a sunbeam -typecast Faith! Vicky x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This snippet made a great little card! Of course you'll find a recipient for that really soon! What a fun find, don't think your brother looks terribly pleased!

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Faith. The pattern paper used for the cutout is brilliant. Loved your costume in the "operetta" ...what a great find. xx

Shirley Young said...

This a beautiful design Faith, the patterned paper looks lovely and it is such a pretty die. Love the photo too xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Faith, a lovely die and pretty paper.
A super photograph, a great memory.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...love the look of the inlaid leaves.
Great find...cute newspaper clipping. I bet that brought back lots of memories.
xx Karen

Nancy said...

Faith, your card is beautiful! I'm so glad you didn't throw it out. It will definitely come in handy! What a fabulous photo, and a great memory! :o)

Kate said...

Your card is so pretty! I'm glad you finally found a use for the die cut. And sometimes, simple is the best way to go with a "Thinking of You" card.

How fun to have found the newspaper clipping from when you and your brother were children! Thanks for sharing that!

Rosemary said...

wonderful card, faith! I love the blue and white color palette! so fun that your mom keep that newspaper clipping!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, my, Faith, I love what you did with that die cut piece! Simple was definitely the way to go to showcase that gorgeous dp. Love the plain white bits in the corners. Very effective.

Greta said...

How wonderful you have the clipping from childhood! The die is really beautiful & I love the look of it cut from that patterned paper! I need to remember to do that. The card is lovely!

Chana Malkah said...

This is so beautiful! You made a wonderful decision when you chose that blue patterned paper. Clean, Simple and fabulous!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah