07 November 2018

Winners!

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for -


I have a few favourite artists and tried to put together (very quickly because of our circumstances at the moment) something from them, then I came across "Banksy"  a highly controversial artist, but as things are, at the moment, with us, this quote rung true, so I thought it would be perfect. If you think you don't know him, maybe you saw him on the news or an article about one of his paintings that someone bought for a £1 million and it Shredded in the sale room.

Banksy – I'll never quit on this love for Amber. It has destroyed me but I'm still here. My dreams!! 

I believe he was either speaking about the painting below or the painting became out of the quote? I'm not sure, and, as he is anonymous? I'm not sure anyone is.


This is my version of
I thought the card would be good for a Congratulations/Exams card, 
what do you think?

image - Dr Digi "Dunderton Decorators Ltd"
coloured in Photoshop CS6
Clear gloss on glasses - Anita's 
wall old painted texture - freebie from web
card - Dovecraft
embossing folder - Crafters Companion - Dry Stone Wall
black paper - stash 
gems - stash
font - Levi Brush

















23 comments:

Lynne said...

Love everything about your card. I really like Banksies work, we think alike and this saying could apply to my family. Fabulous card x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love it! The monochromatic design with the brick background is fantastic!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card and take on Bankys work love the image and great sentiment
Carol x

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous Faith and what a great idea to get your inspiration from Banksy. Love the quote too xx

Janet Packer said...

Fabulous card Faith, as you say, great for a graduation card.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Faith, a great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Beebeebabs said...

Nice card!!!

Linby said...

Brilliant take on the challenge - love that quote and Banksy.

Mac Mable said...

Fun and clever interpretation Faith. Gorgeous monochromatic colours, love the fun image and the texture on the dry wall X

Mia said...

Your card is absolutely amazing, Faith. I love how you interpreted the theme. Kisses, my friend.

Carol L said...

Fun card with a great quote! Sorry, I've never heard of Banksy - I may be living under a rock :)

Elaine Stark said...

Love your inspiration. A fab card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Gina's Cards said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the sentiment, image and monochromatic colours. thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Greta said...

Great card--wonderful sentiment!

Colette said...

Love this! I like the way you've made it look like and old black and white photo. xx

Suzi Mac said...

A fabulous take on the original pic, Love it. Thank you for joining us over at Polkadoodles Crafting challenge. Good luck! and do please join us again soon.
Hugs
Suzi x

Fleur said...

Love this, fantastic quotation
Thanks for joining us this week at Polkadoodles
HUGS Fleur xxx

Donna Heber said...

Hi Faith, what a fantastic monochromatic card. You did such a wonderful job with the challenge.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love Banksy - he is just so on the point and I love that his work often highlights social injustice. He really gets it. Wonderful take on this fabulous artist!

KathyA. said...

Perfect interpretation of the inspiration card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy [https://myasperations.blogspot.com]

Pink Rose said...

Hi Faith what a wonderful job you did of the challenge,you are very clever my friend.

Anne said...

Fabulous card Faith! Thanks for playing along with the As You Like It rainbow/monochrome challenge - good luck!

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Fabulous card and sentiment