05 March 2018

Cheers!

Hi Everyone, my card today is for the Outlawz Sketch Challenge, and today I am more than grateful for this sketch, as it was just perfect with a slight alteration for the card I wanted to make for our Godson.

He and his parents are going on a cruise for his 50th birthday, so I wanted to make something that was relevant and I think this is. I slipped up on the placement of the port hole, it should have been slightly higher, but I think the male of the species won't notice? I hope LOL. I also added acetate to the centre of it and added gold glitter pen to the "screws".

image - Kenny Kay
coloured in PS, cut with border
background and insert paper - Lettering Delights
port hole is 3D'd, anchor & chain - SVG cuts
anchor paper - melo vrijhof Pixelscrapper
cheers and 50 - Tingler script font
All cut with Silhouette Cameo
right sentiment - Create with TLC
the bottle is cut from the image and made larger for the left side., 
with a verse I saw on the web years ago.
All made to fit an C5 card.


insert

this is the sketch I followed



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith what a wonderful card ,a great card for a male xx

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Faith. The design is perfect for your godson, I'm sure he will love it! xx

Unknown said...

Amazing card Faith, love that it is the perfect design for your godson I'm sure he will be very impressed :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Colette said...

Love this card Faith. He is a handsome chap isn't he? Love the anchor element and the colour scheme! Colette xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant masculine card and love the chain and anchor
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card, perfect for the 'cruisers' and love all the elements you've used to build up this scene...Great card Faith and so unique x

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card and love the image!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Faith what a wonderful card I love the image and your design is wonderful.
Thank you for sharing

Hugs Debs xxx
http://debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/whoopsidaisy-challenge.html?m=1

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, that is adorable. LOVE IT!!! I turn 50 in July...don't think that I will be going on a cruise. Wonderful sentiment to go with the card. So creative!!!

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, such a super image and great design - perfect for your Godson.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Stunning card Faith! So appropriate for a guy going off on a cruise! Loving the little anchor on a chain embellishment too!

NanaConnie said...

Isn't he dapper looking? Love your use of that sketch, Faith. Fantastic dimension!

Greta said...

What a fun way to use that sketch!

MagsB said...

What a great card, for a bloke, Faith! I love the expression on the cute waiter's face!

love Mags b x