03 September 2016

Great news (for me)

Hi Everyone, A little while ago I had an email asking me to contact Morgan's Art World, I wondered what on earth it could be about. Then had the wonderful surprise to be asked to join the DT!!!!!!! I have been a fan for a long while. I am so very thrilled to be on the DT for Morgan Fitzsimmons  I just couldn't turn it down could I, not with art work so wonderful to show off.

My card today, my first as DT, is quite a rare make for me, using KRAFT card, I have made it for the 2nd September challenge which will be for 2 weeks, the theme is "Use Kraft".

 I embossed the card with a Memory Keepers EF. I coloured the image, I would say it is quintessentially English and named "Butterfly Garden" it's so lovely, in PS, then added a PS chalk action around the edge to make it look inked, I placed the image onto some hessian and ribbon then added a butterfly die cut which was a freebie from a magazine. The image and the ribbon are quite bright, but I like it with the subdued kraft colour. The image in available in the shop

I hope you will join me over at Morgan's Art World challenges.




10 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, such a pretty image.
Congratulations on your new DT spot.
Pauline
x

NanaConnie said...

I absolutely love this, Faith! Fab coloring and I adore the burlap behind the image. I'll be stealing, er, ah, CASEing that idea for sure. So happy to be working an a DT with you again. :-D

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Congratulations! How exciting! And as always...such a lovely card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Congrats on the DT position. Love this card, an awesome image and the embossed card base is lovely, along with the burlap.

Mac Mable said...

I love the bright ribbon and the glorious PS colouring. Gorgeous against the texture of the hessian. Congratulations, so very well deserved x

Linby said...

Another one that reminds me of Clarice Cliff! So pretty. Big congrats on your latest DT role - very well deserved.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Congratulations on being on the design team.

wannabcre8tive said...

Congratulations, Faith. What an honor! Your image is colored beautifully and I love the image. I am not familiar with this company, I will have to check out their products.

Hetty said...

Congrats on your new position! And a great colored image and a wonderful card.

Kate said...

Congratulations, Faith!!! What exciting news!! You've done a wonderful job with your first project. The image is lovely, and quintessentially English indeed!!