05 September 2016

Framed Christmas card

 Hi Everyone, I have done a Christmas card for the Outlawz Sketch challenge and the Dragons Lair Facebook Christmas in September challenge, for some reason I found this quite difficult, although it should have been easyish!

I cut the gold card frame on the Cameo  and cut the rest by hand. apart from the die cuts. I used red card for a change from the usual white I use. Well! it's a Christmas card LOL. I digitally coloured the insert image.





Papers and sentiment element, Dragon's Lair Designs
front and insert Sentiment and image Create with TLC
Die Tattered Lace

Thought I would add a couple of images from my walk today. After being sedentary for a few years, I am now making an effort to go walking most days as my blood sugars are not good, AND my flexibility is not good either and after a week of a little action, I already feel better, so onward and upward - hopefully.
 
Cows and a harvest collected

A lane that used to be a road, until it was cordoned off for pedestrians, now nearly grown into a path!

Top of the outlet from what used to be a waterfall that has been diverted and released lower down.

Different view of the river.

9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous card today and loving the red. Glad the walking is helping and thank you for sharing the fabulous photos x

MagsB said...

A lovely card, Faith, I love the gold frame! And what gorgeous pictures - you live in a very beautiful place.

love Mags B x

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card, such a beautiful gold frame.
Well done on your walking, your photographs are lovely - great scenery.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

Lovely, and so colorful and elegant with the gold lace frame (wonder if the cameo cut that gold c/s easily? It's certainly a clean looking cut). Love the layers and the holly dp. Also like the red scallops - and of course the interior is so pretty too. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of the wonderful walk you have. Good for you at starting the program. It's not easy to get back into the habit, and it's something I should do, for the same reasons as you. At least while you still have the nice fall weather, go for it. Pretty soon, the weather will be more severe, and you may not be able to get out. Also the scenery looks so calming & relaxing! Take care, TFS & Hugs

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wow...the card is stunning and lovely multi-layers. I know how some cards you think are going to be easy since you have a vision and turn in to hours. The pics...gosh...I sooo enjoy your pics that you share!!!!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Beautiful card. The design is lovely. I hope all is well with you. Take care of your sugar levels...it is scary and difficult. Nature will definitely bring you joy. It is so beautiful, peaceful and calm.

Tlc Creations said...

Another gorgeous card......and your pictures are just gorgeous also. What a lucky lady to have such a beautiful walk.
Paulette

Hetty said...

Beautiful card and such lovely pictures.

Kate said...

Such an elegant card! The gold frame looks lovely! Such wonderful photos too! I'm still in awe!