08 August 2016

Feminine Greenhouse

Hi everyone, my card today was a request from my neighbour, she wanted a 80th birthday gardening card for a lady. BUT not funny, now I love to do fun cards, and that was my first thoughts, so a change of mind set was needed, difficult at my age LOL.

Anyhow this is what I came up with, it was made up of a beautiful freebie digi kit that I had a while ago. I laid it all out in PS, then sent it to the Cameo to print and cut several layers of the roses, the 80, the rose stamp and butterfly.

I printed the greenhouse onto crosshatched card, I love it, I think it makes the image look like it's painted on. I arranged all the layers onto the card and lace. I added silver Uniball Sparkle pen to the greenhouse frame, shame you can't pick it up, it does sparkle and gold Uniball Sparkle pen to the background pattern on the striped paper. Then layered it all on to black paper. I designed the inside and made a little scene with chairs etc on the left. I'm glad to say it was well received.













The centre is cut to fit, it just blew out of place!!!!!!!

Greenhouse from PC Hugwear no longer available.
inside sentiment by Paper Garden Projects
asstd elements by Pixelscrapper
Garnet Garden by Krystal Hartley

17 comments:

debby4000 said...

WOW gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Mac Mable said...

Yes printing the greenhouse onto the crosshatched card really makes it look like it's painted on. Clever idea to pop the silver pen on the greenhouse too. Thank you for sharing this pretty card x

Pamellia said...

Wow wow wow!! What a gorgeous card!! LOVE the colours and those beautiful patterns! The greenhouse image is wonderful and your layered flowers are divine!! So beautiful Faith!! hugs :)

Shirley Young said...

Its really beautiful Faith both inside and out xx

MaryH said...

Love the pretty greenhouse on this textured paper. Now that was a brilliant idea! (actually it has sort of an old-fashioned xstitch appeal I think). The pinks are just right for a genteel 80 yr old lady, and this has so much elegance with all the roses, lace, and pretty dp. Those roses are just wonderful, so good job with the cameo! She'll love it! TFS & Hugs. (oh skillful one!)

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Faith, a lovely image and pretty papers - your layered flowers and butterfly finish it perfectly.
Pauline
x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a pretty card. I'm sure she loved it. I love the painted on look from the image on the crosshatch cardstock too!

Carol L said...

This is so pretty, and I don't know if I like the outside or the inside better! It's an equal toss-up me thinks :) Your neighbor will love this one :)

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely stunning, Faith! I love your roses and that background paper is fantastic. Wonderful greenhouse image.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what beautiful beautiful papers...the butterfly is sooo beautiful
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Wishcraft said...

This is so pretty Faith, a really lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Hetty said...

This sure is a beautiful card, inside and out, Faith.

Kate said...

Faith, this is SUCH a beautiful card - inside and out!! I absolutely love the look of that greenhouse image. It's gorgeous!!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Lovely card!

AndreaH said...

So pleased I found your blog. I've learnt loads just in 5 minutes lol. I love love LOVE your greenhouse. May I ask though what is crosshatched paper? (Think I told you elsewhere I'm a complete novice lol. Thankyou for sharing some great ideas. I for one really appreciate the hard work you do to keep this blog up and running. THANKYOU. I'm actually thinking of starting a blog. Don't know how to yet and dot know what it's going to be about yet either lol. Thanks again and as Arnold says "I'll be back" hahaha thinknow I'm loosing the plot lol.

wannabcre8tive said...

This is beautiful. I love the image and your fab design.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Angie, it's like embossed card, but in a cross hatched design. If I remember I will add a closeup soon to my blog.
Faith
x