21 October 2015

Halloween card

Hi Everyone, I have kept saying I don't do Halloween cards, but Some Odd Girls were offering this image as a freebie, well I'm a sucker for freebies, but I also loved it and HAD to make something with her. She cries out Halloween and Charles Dickens's, Miss Haversham.

I coloured her in Spectrum Noir markers and used DP's to add to the unusual colours for the challenge. Unusual, as I think the usual colours are orange black and green.

I found the sentiment on the web and used the font "A Charming Font" for it. I printed the DP's out, added them to the card, 3D'd Wraith-Mae, after fussy cutting her out, then to make her more like Miss Haversham I added pieces of netting to her skirt with silver Stickles to add a little sparkle and Docraft's Pearl Effects in the corners of the tree layer. Shame the sparkle doesn't show on her skirt so much, but you can just about make them out on her dress shoulders.




Grey swirl digi paper Summer Driggs
Bat overlay digi paper Linda Teu
Tree digi paper Gina Cabrera

Oddtoberfest Facebook Challenge. Make a Halloween or Christmas project with unusual colours.

5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the scared expression on her face and so cool you kept the color of the card to match the theme
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to "top" the last card with another stunning one . Well done. x

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Faith, such a fabulous image and great sentiment - a super design.
Pauline
x

Linby said...

You have been so prolific recently that i can't keep up with you! Just been looking over what I missed, all fab makes. I love what you did with this digi, the netting looks amazing and the sentiment so in keeping including the fab font.

NanaConnie said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! It's great all done in gray scale. Spoooky!!