14 February 2013

Monogram cards

Hi Everyone, I'm sitting here with the sun shining, can't believe it, after so much rain and snow, it's WONDERFUL, (even though we have had a couple of rain showers today)

 Here are my cards for today, 2 today, because 2 of my brothers had birthdays within a week of each other and, as I had downloaded the monogram cutting files from Krewella Designs HERE  I thought I would give them similar cards.  I have used paper from A Day to Celebrate - Boys by Katie Creates at  Stuff to Scrap Simply Scrapping Stuff. I have used the papers a lot recently so look out for more LOL.

No I haven't made a mistake in the order of the letters, I have placed them in the order they were done. LOL,  these monograms were so easy to cut, even though I made them smaller than the original cut file.

 

 The card with B on, I printed the background directly onto the card, cut the other papers after printing, and placed them on the card.   I cut a cream frame with my Cricut and matched it with the balloon paper then cut out the B in the same cream and layered it on a navy background and 3D'd onto the frame which was also 3D.






 
The A card  I printed all the papers directly onto the card, I used shadows in PS to show them layered. I added 3D bunting from the same set and cut the A from card printed with the background design and placed it over silver mirror card, I tied a length of cord to the A then 3D'd onto the card.

I used the same sketch for both cards -   I was going to enter the challenge of the sketch, but time went too quickly for me.





Hope the sun is shining where you are.

I shall enter the following challenges

http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/pennys-challenge-114-use-your-fave.html  Favourite Colour combo, (I just love blues and greens)

http://creativecornerschallenges.blogspot.ca/  For The Boys (These are for the boys, even though they are in their mid 70's LOL)

http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/inspire-me-fridays-95-anything-goes.html  Anything Goes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya and wow !!! and wow again !!! They are amazing Faith I love them what fantastic designs and the colours are just stunning. Love the banner on the second and the string. Happy birthday for " the Boys "

Marie

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Faith ..thanks for the visit to my room . We are certainly seeing lots of sunshine here and it is very hot in Adelaide .
How clever to use digi papers in layers straight onto card base .Love the big letters too .Both cards are quite masculine cards so I bet "the Boys "love them .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Aileen said...

These look fab Faith. A great idea to use monograms for male cards. The do look 3d, so clever. x

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I finished up here, however I thought this post used to
be good. I do not know who you're however certainly you are going to a well-known blogger in the event you aren't already.
Cheers!

Also visit my blog post - dautomobiles

Pauline said...

Two fab cards, I like the papers, and this bright and breezy blue.

Bonnie said...

Again, you amaze me, Faith! These are fantastic and so perfect for this sketch!

ali naqvi said...

This is gorgeous cards....its fantastic...thanks for sharing..!! Plastic cards