29 October 2011

HR Thank you

I was asked by my manager to make a thank you card reflecting it was from the department, as you know I work in a Hospital Theatre Dept it was because we are getting new HR people and this was to thank the “old” ones.

The card is 8x8, the blue background is Blue Xmas, I think by Funky Fairy, a freebie, Bra template from HERE   I cut it out in the Fairycuts program on my Cricut I added a cut out pattern to the bra, I made another plain layer, stickled the bottom layer and then stuck on the cut out pattern top layer,  it worked, so that the glue came through the cut out layer, rather than trying to follow the pattern, as it is quite fine, hope that makes sense.

I saw some stick men on the web and as I can’t draw, I thought I would copy the body and make my own faces, this was fun seeing the faces take shape as I added the eyebrows thick for him and the lashes for her, don’t you love them lol, I did them with shapes and playing and colouring in PS, I then copied a surgical face mask from the web and adjusted it to fit their faces, then used it to make a backing paper, I  used the cut out piece of the bra to add to the top right corner, all in all I am quite pleased with it. Hope my boss is.


2 comments:

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card and amazing digital work Faith,
Beryl x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Faith have to say you lost me half way through your description as I definetly am challenged in PS department. Love your card and the great sentiment too fabulous digi work.

Marie